bondo is it the standard

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
angelo

bondo is it the standard

Post by angelo »

all the local autozone type places carry it...is it reccomended by you guys also...will it hold up very long. I need to fill in a few dents and eventually fill in around some sheetmetal......thanks......
DougRuss

Post by DougRuss »

If you can, try and stay away from "Bondo" brand products !!
Go to your local parts store or order on the Internet , "Evercoat" brand fillers.

Here's a good one to work with :
http://www.eastwoodco.com/itemdy01.asp? ... 61&I1.y=42

Also try "Rage" and Rage Gold" fillers by the same company !
john @ no dollars racing

Post by john @ no dollars racing »

i fully agree with doug,dont put that stuff on your car,pay a few dollars more for the good stuff. look up autobody supplies in the yellow pages anybody that sells auto paint will have it......john
angelo

Post by angelo »

I forgot to mention that when i was grinding everything down to bare metal i hit alot of areas that already had filler of some sort....especially around the headlights and a few other ares.....the filler on your link said metal to metal which is perfect for my dents....but how do i approach existing filler....while grinding off the paint i put all kinds of gouges and what not...especially around those damn headlights....
Fusillade

Post by Fusillade »

If you are looking to do a good job, remove the old filler and check what the previous person was repairing. You may find that they were covering up rust with bondo.
roachghia70

Post by roachghia70 »

por 15 paint can be your best friend if there's rust involved. i agree, evercoat is the way to go with filler. you don't have to grind away all the old filler, but if there are any cracks in it or any adhesion problems, you should grind it away and re-apply the new filler. don't worry about your grind marks, you should have a fairly rough surface in order to get the filler to stick.
ck85abc

Post by ck85abc »

Im not sure what you are grinding, but you should not be grinding anything unless you plan on putting something there like a body filler or a knew panel.

It sounded like you were just grinding paint away and then out of nowere hit body filler and you did not know it was there.
angelo

Post by angelo »

yes thats what happened...i was planning on taking the car down to bare metal and found a helluva lot of filler....