Bondo Is No Longer Sold in Local F.L.A.P.S. -

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
Jim Ed

Bondo Is No Longer Sold in Local F.L.A.P.S. -

Post by Jim Ed »

I noticed that they no longer sell Bondo body filler at my local Carquest and O Reilly auto parts stores.
I guess some kids must have been getting high on it.
Eastwoods.com still sells it though.
Any comments?
TIA!
doc
Site Admin

Re: Bondo Is No Longer Sold in Local F.L.A.P.S. -

Post by doc »

Bondo brand or any body filler? (Was there a bondo brand?) There are lots of brands of body fillers.

I think you could get a buzz off of about 1000 things in your FLAPS. If they were trying to snuff the sniffers, seems like they'd have to stop selling a lot of stuff.

Ask them. interesting. I'll look at O'Reilly's next time I'm there.

doc
Jim Ed

Post by Jim Ed »

doc wrote:Bondo brand or any body filler? (Was there a bondo brand?) There are lots of brands of body fillers.
doc

..any kind of fillers.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Huh. I wonder if it's a local/regional policy. Carquest and O'Reilly both still show Bondo in their online catalogs....as do Autozone, Home Depot, and Lowe's. It's not healthy to inhale, but like Doc says it's hardly unique in that - and not on any controlled substance list which I'm aware of.

doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

I went by O'Reilly's and they still have multiple brands of body filler, including Bondo brand. They knew nothing about removing it from sale.

They did say that one of the Heet additives was once taken off the shelf by Heet representatives saying that it was a drug thing. I got the impression it was several years ago.

Ok, that's what i know.

doc
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I did a quick search and came up with this: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 745AABcOyr
raygreenwood

Post by raygreenwood »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:I did a quick search and came up with this: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 745AABcOyr

Man...yahoo answers are worse than early wikipedia or aol forum rants.

All liquid/paste polyester fillers give off fumes that are hazardous. Read the TEL section of the SDS (the new official name for the msds sheet).

Also the main ingredient in the catylyst that is dangerous and can be a severe allergin to some is NOT hydrogen peroxide. ...its benzoyl peroxide (yeah just like what they put in some zit medications).

The vapors from polyester resin are a entral nervous system hazard. Use with good ventolation.

The guys answering for yahoo. ...are yahoos
Just like any chemical....use care and protection. Ray