The best way to find imperfections in bodywork is...

Need help straightening that dent? Or painting your car? This is the place to be!
dstar5000

Re: The best way to find imperfections in bodywork is...

Post by dstar5000 »

SOmeone with €4000 and a car trailer can take this home with them.
I'm flying out of Germany very soon.
:(

DOn
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

Had to take the rear wheels off to gain access to the holes the PO cut to adjust the carbs.
I'mm always nervous breaking in a new cam....
DSCF1355sm.jpg
Don't mind the dust......
:lol:

Don
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

How I handled the "PO with a sawzall hole"....
POsawzall.jpg
:)

DOn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

Bumper brackets....

More parts.jpg
Outta make some German guy happy!
:mrgreen:

Don
hugging corners

Post by hugging corners »

whatsup man. I swear i saw your add on samba- werent you selling the whole thing for dirt cheap?-dont do it:)!!!
...been watching your tread and good luck from across eastern boarder- NA ZDROWIE!!
dstar5000

Post by dstar5000 »

YEP! Gotta move back to the States ASAP. Family comes first.

I swear I wouldn't sell EVEN just the damn engine for €8000, it is so sweet.
OK. sweet isn't the right word, it is downright NASTY! :D

I used Jake's Annhilator cam(with a SECRET TWEAK!) that was designed for
914 Auto-Xing and added .5 point more CR because the gas here is so much
more better and more available than the States. I can get 100oct just about anywhere.

It has the 911 cooling just because I had never done one on a T4 and wanted to try it
out. Lesson learned about horrible repro parts from some Dude in the Netherlands...

I'll see if I can borrow a video recorder and post a video on Youtube or something.
The throttle response is absolutely amazing and I have built racing engines since 1976
so I am not that easily *amazed*. KUDOs go to Jake for his R&D on the T4 platform!

But, as I said, family comes first and the whole car is for sale for half of what the engine is worth.
:(

Don