A few VWs and Hotrods from my garage.

Post pictures of your pride and joy here!
1jarhead2

A few VWs and Hotrods from my garage.

Post by 1jarhead2 »

6 years ago my Dad and I decided to build some cars and built a 30x40 garage behind his house. Here a few of them. Most are hotrods but I got my start by building VWs and they remain as my first love.The two tone 1939 Chevy is the first car we built together as Father and son.Imagethis next one is a 1932 ford roadster with a triton V10Image followed up with this 1970 chevy truck with a 383 and a 5speed and yes our car do get driven.ImageImage
1jarhead2

Re: A few VWs and Hotrods from my garage.

Post by 1jarhead2 »

then onto a 1933 C400 that was built out of 2 rusty sedans ImageImage a 1932 Ford Vickys that was the nicest rust free car we ever built, it still has all the original wood in it Image a nice daily driven 1937 chevy truck Image a 1940 Mercury sedan in hotrod flatz ImageImageImageImage
1jarhead2

Post by 1jarhead2 »

Kips High Life Gasser falcon 514cuin runs 10:40 in the 1/4 and is driven on the street.ImageImageImageImage
1jarhead2

Post by 1jarhead2 »

current projects in the garage are a 1971 Cuda with a 522 6pak,shaker hood and a viper 6speed ImageImageImage a 1932 Ford pickupImage and finally my Das Speedster ImageImage this is Hugo Silvas rendering of what it will look like when completed by Mar 2012 Image
1jarhead2

Post by 1jarhead2 »

a classic motor carriage 356 speedster ImageImageImage a 914 we did for a friend Image my old 55 oval that I maintain for Glenna ImageImage My Babydolls 1962 1owner with 42000 original miles Image my first VW Image then my next VW Image then a full custom one from the early 90s Image
EAW

Post by EAW »

Very nice looking 1962 and super cute girl with it..

You guys have got some serious talent, thanks for showing us.
“It’s not the critic that counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could’ve done them better – the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.”- Theodore Roosevelt
kevinrocks

Post by kevinrocks »

Has that 39 Chevy been to the street rod nationals in Louisville? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it there.
1jarhead2

Post by 1jarhead2 »

EAW wrote:Very nice looking 1962 and super cute girl with it..

You guys have got some serious talent, thanks for showing us.
Thanks and Nancy works on her VW. She rebuilt the carb and has disassembled it and is now learning how to do the bodywork.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1jarhead2

Post by 1jarhead2 »

kevinrocks wrote:Has that 39 Chevy been to the street rod nationals in Louisville? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it there.
Yes. We took it there right after we built it in 2006 and it was there last year with the new owners.
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

I like the looks of that VW based roadster. Could you post some more info on it?
Devastator's Build Thread

Sandrail

2.4 liter, supercharged Chevy Ecotec

"If everything seems under control, you're just not
going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
1jarhead2

Post by 1jarhead2 »

Devastator wrote:I like the looks of that VW based roadster. Could you post some more info on it?
I built a 2x3 1/8" wall tube chassis for it with a 6" dropped axle,hairpins and with 11"disc brakes, the rear is 8.8 ford 4:10 limited slip and is suspended with 1/4 elliptical springs and triangulated upper bars with a panhard bar. Drive train is a supercharged 12a Bridge port rotary backed with a 5 speed manual trans. Seats are cut down Porshe 914 seats. The body was a free Craigslist 1961 VW body, doors where an auction find for $20.00, hood is another free item as is the decklid which was a super beetle hood. Steering is a vega steering box and is cross steer, steering wheel is a rare VDM steering wheel, dash will be all handmade, Power brakes and hydraulic clutch are from a 2001 Mitsu eclipse. Headlights are 1934 Ford commercial headlights. Body is a custom Sherwin Williams mix of black. It uses all blues and purples bases instead of the standard brown base. the interior will be designed after an early 1930s european Coachworks using Ultra Leather Bright White. Carpet is Porsche Black plush wool. radiator is hidden under the rear deck lid as is the gas tank and battery. horsepower should be in the 250 horse range and car weighs in just under 1600lbs,should be fun to drive. at the highest point on the windshield this car is 38" tall and has 3" of ground clearance. The rockers are integrated into the frame and are 1x3 1/8" wall rockers that can be doubled as a skid plate so no crumpled bodywork.Wheells are a one off width from American racing and tires are BF goodrich whitewalls from Coker Tires.This car will be debuted at the Hot Rod Industry Alliance show which is a division of SEMA. It is Mar 22-24,2012 Hot Rod and Restoration show in Indianapolis,Indiana. I will be posting some new pictures up soon.
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

Thanks for all of that information. I'm anxious to see more.
1jarhead2 wrote:a supercharged 12a Bridge port rotary
Is that a Mazda engine?
Devastator's Build Thread

Sandrail

2.4 liter, supercharged Chevy Ecotec

"If everything seems under control, you're just not
going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
1jarhead2

Post by 1jarhead2 »

Yes, Its a 1985 maxda RX7 rotary. The supercharger actually came out of a 1998 Pontica Grand Prix and is the eaton M90. We made an intake manifold that bolts to a Racing Beats manifold and then fabricated an upper intake that a Holley 600cfm carb sits on. Local machine shop fabbed up the lower pulley so we could use the GM 7 groove pulley on the supercharger and the double factory vbelt for the waterpump and alternator. We shouldnt experience any slippage with this setup.
1jarhead2

Post by 1jarhead2 »

We just got back from Indy and the HotRod and Restoration show. It was great to see people trying to figure out what engine is in Das Speedster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris4747

Post by Chris4747 »

great work speedster is realy cool
instant gratification by hard work and determination granted by GODS hands