Roxy, my '74 Acapulco

Post pictures of your pride and joy here!
DannyK

Roxy, my '74 Acapulco

Post by DannyK »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DannyK on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
david58

Re: Roxy, my '74 Acapulco

Post by david58 »

That is one clean looking ride. Let's see the interior and engine compartment.
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Putting Green

Post by Putting Green »

Sweet!, Details, Details?
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

david58 wrote:That is one clean looking ride. Let's see the interior and engine compartment.
Thanks David, I'm keeping this car pretty much stock because its an Acapulco, but I just found a '73 to build as a dune/dirt car I plan to buy soon. Here's my motor-stock rebuilt 1600, I'm replacing that kinked heater hose and adding a chrome breastplate this weekend. I don't have any good interior shots presently, but it has full gauges and the blue/white seats. I just put these tires on last week. I have a new bikini top,stereo and other stuff waiting to go on too. P.S. It was a Halloween car show, hence the "Herbie" eyes ! :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VW_Man_87

Post by VW_Man_87 »

what size and brand are those tires, they look kinda meaty for some small dirt trails

Jeremy
im in need of a new front clip for my 74 ghia, i dont care what year its from but i need one in order to fix my front end, can anyone help out?
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

The tires are Super Traxions by Specialty Tires of America. E-78/14.
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Dan lives just a few miles away and stopped by with his Acapulco last week just to say hi. Very nice guy! We had a good time talking cars and i got to show off all my unfinished projects.

Dan's Acapulco is about as clean as they come. NO RUST!! Amazing, really. A few nicks and dings, but just enough to give it "character". Very, very cool ride. Runs like a top. It was a pleasure watching it drive into my driveway. I had never seen one before.

For those interested in stock Things, Dan has a living example of a quality, stock car.

doc
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

Dash and seats.
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

...after thoroughly cleaning the undercarriage on Friday, I wound up going mudding on Saturday. :lol:
david58

Post by david58 »

Could this be the same THING you have DannyK?
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

That's the same model, but not my car. They built 1200 Acapulcos. '74 was the only year. They came with that surrey top which many buyers didn't like and left behind at the dealer. I've read that they didn't sell well when new, so some dealers repainted them all white w/ black bumpers, so even fewer than 1200 were sold new. The bad news for me is that I feel its too rare for me to modify, other than bolt-ons that can be returned to stock. I've kept all the original parts like running boards, oil bath air cleaner, etc for a full resto some day. The PO had the blue redone in the wrong shade, it should be the lighter blue like in your pic.
david58

Post by david58 »

I didn't think it was yours, but if it was that would have been cool. You should see if you can locate the owner and see if you can get some pics of both cars together. Hot VWS might be interested in shooting them.
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

Here's how Roxy looks now. The hardtop will go back on for winter. P.S. I'm surprised how well she did towing this 'vert project home ! :D Image