Chump/Lemons race car

ONEBADBUG

Chump/Lemons race car

Post by ONEBADBUG »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381124453064?ss ... 1555.l2649
Okay, some of you keep saying you would love to go wheel to wheel racing, here you go. The reason I am selling this is because I can't find 3 other people to be on the team, and for Chump, you need 4 drivers. Car is ready to go except for engine.
Last edited by ONEBADBUG on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piledriver

Re: Chump/Lemons race car

Post by Piledriver »

That looks like it would be ridiculous level fun for the right someone.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
ONEBADBUG

Post by ONEBADBUG »

Piledriver wrote:That looks like it would be ridiculous level fun for the right someone.
It is, outbraking a much newer car and passing them on the inside is a hoot. With enough engine, it could be competitive.
socal thing

Post by socal thing »

Very interesting...we looked at a type 1 when we went after our lemons car but, this looks prefect! I hope to see it out there (just not passing me)!
ONEBADBUG

Post by ONEBADBUG »

It was fun to build. I am the master of making things out of junk, so it seemed like Chump would be perfect. All my previous race car builds were for autocross or 1/2 hour sprints, making something for 24 hours was a new set of parameters. Building an engine to run on 87 octane was challenging too, I spent a lot of time calculating just how high to set the compression, and I got it just right.
The bad part is, no one local wanted to drive it, and Chump has changed so fast that now a E46 BMW is considered a $500 car.
ProctorSilex

Post by ProctorSilex »

That's the same problem I have had with my Ghia for Chump: nobody local. At least you finished and raced it once unlike me.