Rough `69 Beetle body/pan (Seattle)

Marc

Rough `69 Beetle body/pan (Seattle)

Post by Marc »

It's time to finally part with the only Bug I've ever owned since new. After about 400,000 miles of faithful service I was planning to give it to my ex-wife but it was vandalized, and I'm not going to invest anything to repair it. The body is basically sound, but the roof has been beaten in and would be very hard to repair properly (windshield is history too); there are other dings and dents suffered over 45 years, and the cowl/windshield area has significant rust (a replacement cowl section that I never got around to putting in goes with the body).
I've pulled the drivetrain and am getting ready to strip the remaining glass, interior, electrics, etc. to take it over the scales, but before I go too far I just wanted to announce its availability in case anyone needs a body/pan with clean title for a baja project or whatever. I need the RR control arm for another car, but could leave it on if you can furnish another serviceable one for a dual springplate application. I plan to pull the disc-brake beam and some other goodies before it goes over the scales; there may be enough weight left to cover my gas cost to scrap it...if someone can make good use of it the price will be right :wink:
I do have a truck & trailer available, just need to buy tabs for the trailer.
General questions, ask them here so all can see the response. To discuss pickup logistics, or to inquire about specific parts you may need from it, IM me.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/MarcVel ... 08-11-2014
ProctorSilex

Re: Rough `69 Beetle body/pan (Seattle)

Post by ProctorSilex »

I've seen people drive Beetles in worse shape! I think my 73 makes yours look like a show car. I hope you don't end up scrapping it.
Sorry about the vandalism. At a park, someone broke into my DD to steal my mother's purse last year. I am still finding piece of glass.

Post by 560 »

I will buy the VIN# plates and title from you if you still have it.

Mike
Jackpot motorsports
Marc

Post by Marc »

bugnut68

Post by bugnut68 »

560 wrote:I will buy the VIN# plates and title from you if you still have it.

Mike
Wow, somebody doesn't know about the legalities (or lack thereof) of doing that kind of thing. :roll: