EJ22 Engine Swap for Beetle, Bus or Other VW

mpate

EJ22 Engine Swap for Beetle, Bus or Other VW

Post by mpate »

I am going to see if there is anyone interested in a Subaru swap for their VW. The following gives you a break down of everything I have for the transplant into a Subaru power plant. I have literally every part to make the process much easier. I have spent many hours researching and collecting the right part for each step. I am still contemplating the swap as my time is a bit limited.

1. EJ22 SOHC - 1999 Non interference engine with 95K
2. I have ECU,but was going to do a carb conversion. So, I have the original manifold cut ready to be welded to Type IV manifolds to be fed by Dellorto 44's. No carbs included.
3. Complete Ford EDIS4 crank fired ignition. All brand new. includes brain, coil, crank position sensor, trigger wheel, and Megajolt ignition system to program the ignition curve. Sweet technology to go in a VW.
4. Aluminum 2 core radiator to fit perfect in a VW. Also, brand new.
5. New Aisin water pump.
6. Full top of the line gasket kit and head studs for a thorough reseal. Might as well reseal it while its out. This is a modern version of a boxer engine.
7. New EJ22T thermostat housing and thermostat. Move the inlet to the right direction facing the front of the VW.
8. New Kennedy adaptor for engine. brand new in the box.

I may sell the entire setup, but I may also be in the market for a VW powerplant trade. I would be looking for a rock solid low mileage professionally built 1915 or larger displacement engine that is turn key with a new case. Otherwise, I may just save this for a dune buggy setup. If interested in the setup, I would sell it for 2500 obo,or trade for something in comparison. Reliable 150+ horsepower all day long. My number is 305 926-2937
Piledriver

Re: EJ22 Engine Swap for Beetle, Bus or Other VW

Post by Piledriver »

Listing your locale would really help move this, as shipping everything could hurt.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
babysnakes

Post by babysnakes »

He's in Miami, Fla. Good guy, I've dealt with him before.
mpate

Post by mpate »

I have decided to finally dig into the engine and it is going in the 66. Fabbing the manifolds will take a bit of patience.