1967 VW Bug FEELER (Southeast PA)

Can Drive Soon

1967 VW Bug FEELER (Southeast PA)

Post by Can Drive Soon »

Long time no see STF. I hoped that after I got out of college I would have time to work on her to get her back on the road. Unfortunately, there is still light at the end of the tunnel as when I will have a place with a garage to give her the body off resto she deserves. It doesn't help that I got a BMW last year that performs as good stock as only as the most modified bugs out there. :twisted: Anyway, on to the sale....

Bought this about 4 years ago. Replaced all the brake shoes, new hoses, all new lines except the long front to back line (which would be included in the sale). Currently the pedal goes to the floor. Replaced the e-brake cables but they need to be adjusted. Replaced the throttle cable but it binds up and isn't quite right. I have the front fenders and headlights but they are pretty rusty. I got it running but after sitting the past winter it currently does not run due to no spark, I suspect a faulty coil or condenser. All the parts were good parts from Wolfsburgwest, you can see me installing them on the repair thread here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=127132.There's no shortage of rust, plan on replacing heater channels, decklid, the battery tray at the minimum, probably should do the entire floor pans. I'll let the pics do the talking.

The gauge you see in the red bin is an old VDO electrical tach that I planned on integrating into the speaker grille. I tested it and it works!

Other Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11012311@N ... 538927216/

Proof that she used to run hehe

The car is mostly complete even though those pieces are not in stellar shape. I have the small trim pieces etc. I know she is beat but she is a '67, arguably the most desirable year and I know she can be brought back to life. I have several hundred dollars worth of parts on her, heck I paid almost $100 for that tach. PM me offers and maybe we can work something out. It was sold to me without a title but I can provide a bill of sale and I know there are ways of getting a title. One day I will have a road-worthy bug, but unfortunately right now is not the time...
PM me offers.