Case inserts

Here's the place for info on converting to a Type V motor!
tomkisner

Case inserts

Post by tomkisner »

I was searching through this forum and saw a referance to case inserts that allow you to run T1 heads with no machining. I was just curious about who makes these inserts and how much do they cost?
Type 5 Joe

Post by Type 5 Joe »

Hi Tom,

The Case does require machining....

I make the inserts, but I only sell them in the case conversions I do.

If your interested in a converted case, E-Mail me.

[email protected]

Post by Guest »

See what i really want to do is run the 4" bore. Would it be possible to run a chevy or ford 4" piston with nickasil cylinders and autocraft heads modded for water cooling. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Post by Guest »

Heres what I drew up in school today

4" or smaller pistons
Nickasil Cylinders
Autocraft or other comprable cylinder head
And while doing a motor so radical I figured you need radical carbs so I want to have 4 Kadrons I feeding each cylinder :lol:
pocketrocket

Post by pocketrocket »

I was going to reply but I think someones been sniffing glue. Rocky
tomkisner

Post by tomkisner »

Thanks for ruining the thread guest. :evil:
tomkisner

Post by tomkisner »

Anyways Pocket Rocket you are Rocky Jennings right? What do you think about the Limbach cylinder head?
pocketrocket

Post by pocketrocket »

Looks like a nice head, but can it be bought new? If so, for how much? And from who? What is the valve spacing? Rocky
tomkisner

Post by tomkisner »

http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=62835 Heres the link for all the info. Used heads dont seem too expensive, and this might be an easier alternative to machining the case.

Post by Guest »

I think a used set would be quite a Chalenge to find, especially here in the U.S.A.

$2500.00 (approx) for a new set? With basically stock ports.

You usually have to do machine work on the cases anyway... The studs coming out without snapping off, is rare.

Rocky puts inserts in the cases that have the original style stud spacing, and so do I.....

I.M.O. Theres no "easy way out".... These things still cost less than a Big Type IV.... even if you build it with premium parts / Pay for the machine work.

The results are more impressive too.

- Joe