Scat Killer case pedestal

Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
Marc

Scat Killer case pedestal

Post by Marc »

Anyone ever heard of an alternator stand made to allow running the alt in stock location with one of these cases? Saw this pic but no clue where it came from, can't find anything on the 'net...https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5920D4C5
machineshopjohn

Re: Scat Killer case pedestal

Post by machineshopjohn »

thats someones fabed piece you can see were it is tig welded on the flat plate bolted to the case
Marc

Post by Marc »

machineshopjohn wrote:thats someones fabed piece you can see were it is tig welded on the flat plate bolted to the case
Yes, but the question is are they offered for sale anywhere - not whether they're cast or a weldment. I'm asking for a fellow in Europe who hasn't the capability to build either, I'm sure he doesn't care so long as it fits.
machineshopjohn

Post by machineshopjohn »

haven't had 1 of those cases in my shop in a long time otherwise could probably make 1 for you sorry
Marc

Post by Marc »

Thanks, it's beginning to look like he'll need to find a local welding shop to fabricate something. I think maybe some of the aftermarket alternator pedestals might be more aluminum than magnesium and not too difficult to alter if you can TIG.