who made these heads

Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
ps2375

who made these heads

Post by ps2375 »

These are the heads that are on the motor my father built back in the mid 80's. He can't remember who he bought them from. They have 40X35(35.5) valves in them. The only markings on them are above an exhaust port as "SCS 0770". I just had them cleaned and new guides installed to get them ready to go back into service on the motor.

Just trying to get some info about these, I realize they are old, may not even be in production anymore.
BAJA-IT

Re: who made these heads

Post by BAJA-IT »

Small Car Specialties?
BRAT Motorsports #936
Bolt Center: Salt Lake City, Ut
ACE: Air Cooled Engineering, now Black Line Racing
Marc

Post by Marc »

Yes, they came from Small Car Specialties. Our local racing association adopted a stock head rule around that time so I have no experience with them, but as I understand it they're comparable to CBPerformance "Street Eliminators" - the contemporary ones, anyway, can't say for sure what changes have been made to those since then.
I've heard that they don't dissipate heat very well...but I'll leave further comments to those who've run them.
ps2375

Post by ps2375 »

Seems to be to consensus on the Samba too. I guess I'll find out if they run hot. They have no cracks in them and were in pretty good condition when I took them off. Thanks for the info.