Disc Brake Advice

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
tallqball

Disc Brake Advice

Post by tallqball »

Well, I finally took the '79 Bradley GT for a spin. I believe the last time I had it out on the road was '89, but details are foggy at this point. The T4 motor still needs freshening, but it was good to at least drive it. It was fun!! :twisted:

It has Ghia front brakes, and a setup in the rear I made back then using 914 discs and 411 front calipers. At this point, all calipers are sticky, and need to be gone through. I always thought the brakes very impressive for the car. It has a stock master cylinder. I used a line lock for a short term parking brake.

I plan just to stay with the Ghia front stuff. The question is will a 914 rear caliper bolt onto my 411 adapters in the rear? It would be nice to have cable parking brakes. Are the calipers the same bore size/pad size? I had the bias dialed in at the time.

Other question is I'm considering a Neal pedal set up, not sure what their master cylinder is made for.

Plan to run 235/60/14 tires back, 195/70/14 front T/As on 14x6 rims. Thanks!!
kevercarol

Post by kevercarol »

i have vw bug with rear discbrake 914 and golf '89 calipers with handbrake the adapter i made my self . the adapter for the calipers from a 914 u have to make it ur self 2.
neal = www.nealpedals.com , cnc = www.cncbrakes.com , jamar =www.jamarperformance.com .
good luk with ur car greetings [email protected]