George Brown's last car to be at the Carlisle Kit Car Show

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
Speedstah Guy

George Brown's last car to be at the Carlisle Kit Car Show

Post by Speedstah Guy »

Great News for the Carlisle Kit Car Show!!

For those of you who knew the late George Brown and were aware that he had a custom-made, Intermeccanica 356-style Roadster built before he died, the where-abouts of that car are now known.

I heard from Henry Reisner at Intermeccanica today, that he has George Brown's car all refurbished, new engine installed and everything "like new". This car originally took one and a half years to complete at Intermeccanica, and totally set the bar for high-end Speedster/Roadster replicas in the years since. It is an absolutely beautiful example of a custom, 356-style Roadster, with many unique and thoughtful touches specifically asked for by George.

It is now for sale, and Henry will be bringing it to the Carlisle Import and Kit Car Show at Carlisle, Pennsylvania, May 19 – 21,2006, in hopes of selling it there for the estate. A portion of his message is copied here:

"I have now confirmed that I will be bringing George Browns Speedster to Carlisle. The Speedster will be ready to return to the road at the end of this month and will be shown for the first time since George’s passing at Carlisle. I am working (no fee) for George’s estate in a sales capacity and would appreciate if you would publicize the fact that Georges Speedster will be available for sale. Any further inquiries can be directed to my attention 604-872-4747 (office) 604-219-2586 (mobile)

If you have heard about and ever wanted to see this truly beautiful Roadster, that has set the standard for many cars built since, please make the effort to come to Carlisle, join us in remembering George and enjoy driving the back roads of America with us as George did.
Mike T

Post by Mike T »

I'll be there for sure. Hope it's dry.
letterman7

Post by letterman7 »

Sweet - Can't wait to see it. I'll be there - look for the Sterling!

Rick