'39 Ford Tail lights

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
onewheat

'39 Ford Tail lights

Post by onewheat »

Anyone use '39 Ford tail lights on their car? I am debating using them on my buggy. Anyone have the overall length on one of these? I'm not sure if it will fit in my application or not. Good comments or bad about them?
Ryan70

Post by Ryan70 »

I don't have them in my bug, but I do know of one with them: http://www.greenwithnv.com/BodyMods/Body7.htm
Volksrod

Post by Volksrod »

They are 5 1/2"x 2 3/4". I am running them on my car and they are great. The only thing that was a problem was the fact that they only have a double fillament bulb so I had to run four lights so that I could have stop, tail and turn signals.
onewheat

Post by onewheat »

Only a double-filament bulb? I don't know of any that have more than 2. If that's the only lamp on each side, the brake light will flash when the signal is on and the opposite side will light continuously. I was debating on 4 of them on the back of my buggy, but I'm not sure if my rear lip is tall enough to handle them vertically and I'm not sure if I'd like them mounted horizontally. I'd love to french some of them in, but I don't think I have tha patience to do it. Prepping the body is going to be a big enough test for me. I hate bodywork.

Volksrod, do you have any pictures of your set-up?
Kubel Nick

Post by Kubel Nick »

I think they sell kits that would make a single element setup to be able to run with signals/brakes setup. Check Uhaul or WalMart, shoul dbe around $20 for the kit. Something that installs between the wires and the bulb.