had to take the plunge

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
curshe

had to take the plunge

Post by curshe »

Ran across an SS100 kit on Craigslist so being a glutton for punishment I went and got it. Had hopes of it being in a bit better shape but oh well.
The engine was supposed to be a rebuild but has sat without oil and is stuck, had hopes for it but in box of spare engine parts found new set of rings and cam bearings, so will have to do some in depth looking now. Although doesn't look to have been run at all so hope springs eternal,
The body needs a bit of work I am not fond of how it mounts to the pan just a few small bolts front and rear and nothing along the sides will have to make up something there.
A good thing is the glass is thick and strong has some cracks and slight font end damage but is stout, the pan has had some replacement panels put in so got good metal everywhere. So has some good points will have to get the engine figured.
Wilfred Acree
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: had to take the plunge

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Congrats on the purchase. We need some pictures as verbal descriptions backed up with pictures sure helps to visualize a project. :wink:

Lee
curshe

Post by curshe »

[quote="Ol'fogasaurus"]Congrats on the purchase. We need some pictures as verbal descriptions backed up with pictures sure helps to visualize a project. :wink:

Lee[/quot
https://www.flickr.com/photos/15068636@ ... 3560914110
Still getting the photo thing figured out got a few on flickr
Seems like the link works so will go that way till I get it figured out how to embed photos
WC Acree
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Thanks for the photos. I have never seen that kit that far disassembled before.

You really have a blank slate to do what you want to do.

Lee
curshe

Post by curshe »

[quote="curshe"][quote="Ol'fogasaurus"]Congrats on the purchase. We need some pictures as verbal descriptions backed up with pictures sure helps to visualize a project. :wink:

Lee[/quot
https://www.flickr.com/photos/15068636@ ... 3560914110
Still getting the photo thing figured out got a few on flickr
Added some pictures to the flickr page.
Pulled engine down the feller I got the rig from paid someone to "rebuild" the engine, so far looks like cleaned the outside of the heads lots of cheap chrome, not sure why they split the case didn't put any new bearings in it just, just split the case lots of silicone on cam plug and managed to get the rear main bearing out of place and seize the bearing. The distributor gear was definitely way buggered been drove past after in place I think or not indexed.
The good is that the case looks standard is tight will have to get it all cleaned and see. Though can get a subaru legacy for cheap, decisions,decisions
WC Acree
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I tried to make a copy off flicker to try to edit it to see something but it wouldn't let me do it (which is good). I can usually do it off the post but not always. You can also add via the attachment part of the post but there are limits to text and the order the pictures post (seems to be in reverse order).

I use photo bucket as a carrier but I do edit the pictures for size and clarity before posting them onto photo bucket. I make a copy of the original photo then edit the picture before re-sizing the copy to 640 X 480 which seems to be a reasonably good size. Photo bucket, for instance does have a photo editor built into it. I am sure other hosts have the same or similar abilities. I then select the picture and get a URL for it and attach the URL in the post with any dialogue I want to add either above or below the picture and Wha-la, there is it.

This site will allow larger pictures to be posted.

Do a search; there is an existing string on the subject of how to post here.

Lee
curshe

Post by curshe »

[img]<a%20href="http://s384.photobucket.com/user/curshe ... .jpg"/></a>[/img]

Well did the photo bucket thingy remember why I didn't like it now once uploaded they own it, can't delete your own photos and stuff bugs me does seem to work here though so will do it for a bit till I find something else.
Trying to show new picture of leagacy decided to go subaru power got a 91 with front crash still fires and runs drove it on the trailer, got the adapter on the way then mount engine to get ready for wiring harness.
W.C.Acree
curshe

Post by curshe »

well hells bells that doesn't work either
curshe

Post by curshe »

Image[/img]

Well the resized one shows up as an url anyway

Ha! success! Got to do the direct link thing oy vey! :D but have figured it out
W.C.Acree