Couldn't help myself

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
ALYKAT III

Couldn't help myself

Post by ALYKAT III »

Picked up this Bradley last week. Mostly because the price was right and I needed a break from work ,so taking a day off to go fetch it was good. I had forgotten that it is not so easy for an old guy with bad hip and knees to get in and out of one of these things. Not so sure now what to do with it. Probably clean up some wirirng and a couple of other things and try to resell it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Couldn't help myself

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Careful there dude, one leg in then the other then ease into the seat. Kind of like what us'n glass buggy guys have to deal with especially when a cage is involved. A steering wheel removal connection might help but then you have the pointy post to deal withv :shock: .

It looks like you got most of it. The ones for sale around here are missing the windows and so they are way too expensive. Good job in your purchase and with a little work your gonna look good.

Lee
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

Fixed up, they still turn heads and draw endless questions in parking lots. I like it!

doc
ALYKAT III

Post by ALYKAT III »

Yeah, I spent a little time visually playing with the lines and thinking about what could be if I keep it. Imagine a straight line from the top of the front fender to the top of the rear with the sides filled in. Sort of like a McLaren or old Chaparral race car. But with a door cut in so that getting in and out would be possible. Possibly remove the top and install a roll cage. I'm closing my business (sold everything right down to the bare walls) and retireing at the end of the month. At that point I will be moving over a few blocks and sharing office and shop with my friend who is an old experienced fiberglass guy. We are already partnered up on a chopper set up and he has a bunch of baja molds. Also building a computer controled cutting table for my plasma cutter which is nearly finished. Looking at doing a side business making small custom brackets and parts for the off road guys with buggys, bajas, and rails who don't have the tools, equipment, or knowledge to build their own. As a result , I'll have the space and equipment to make the changes if I decide to go that way. Time will tell I guess.
ALYKAT III

Post by ALYKAT III »

Well, don't have to think about this one any more. A young guy who drives by here on a daily basis to get to work fell in love with it and bought it . And I made a small profit as well !
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

ALYKAT III, sometimes it doesn't pay to wiggle your tail/squirt on something to mark it as yours :wink: :roll: . Congrats on moving it and maybe you will see it driving by in short time. Be careful as the state might want you to get a business license if you are moving stuff that fast; they might think you are a startup car lot.

Lee
ALYKAT III

Post by ALYKAT III »

Small town (less than 900) ranch and farm area. Everyone knows everyone - all the cops are friends and are used to seeing different cars parked near my in town upholstery bussiness, as they all know I'm into old cars and often help out local folks who can't get to, or afford to go to, a commercial repair shop. I didn't even have a sign on it, although I do from titme to time stick one out there. Most of my rolling stock is out at the ranch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

When I was moving up from a poor boy to an even poorer married person I was changing cars, moving to newer cars until one day the state sent me the forms for a business license; even back in the mid-sixties they were keeping track of cars changing hands. :lol: I think I got mailed the business license forms at least twice more in that time frame. At one time I may have had at least 6 cars in my name (that I knew of anyway).

City guys are watched a bit closer because of houses/yards becoming junk yards/eye sores even if it is not intended.
ALYKAT III

Post by ALYKAT III »

Colorado is a small bit less authoritative , though there are limits. If the cars are older like antique, hobby, or collector units you get quite a bit of leeway as long as it doesn't escalate to a bussiness level. I try to keep title changes to five or less per year. Out here in ranch country it is very common to have 8 to 10 insured & licenced vehicles. I'm a bit above average with 11 with my daily drivers , shop van, work trucks for the ranch, parts chaser truck, car hauler truck, off road toy and vw run around town vert.