Request for help

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
Sundance

Request for help

Post by Sundance »

I am new here to the forum. I came here to find info on two 'glass buggies I'd like to sell. I realize that there is a lot of speculation in my question but I am looking to find the approximate value of these two vehicles. I'll provide pics when I get ready to sell. I've checked the classified and that wasn't too much help.
The first one is a Bradley GT II. Its mostly there except an engine. It's been sitting for a while now but was registered in Calif. It will need paint and interior.
The second is a Bounty Hunter, complete with the top and side pods. This one runs with a stock 1600.
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Request for help

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

The answer you are looking for is very hard for several reasons:

1) No pictures to determine the condition of the bodies; e.g., how complete, damage, missing parts, etc.

2) Where you are at has a lot to do with value; in some places the value is going to be a lot less than in other places.

3) Title; do you have a title or just a bill of sale; that alone is going to change the value or if someone is going to contact you or not.

4) To some people it might make a difference whether it is swing axle, IRS, King and Link or ball-joint based on what they want plans they have with it.

5) The condition of the pan; does it need pan halves, rust, completeness.

6) The price can tell others just how bad you want to sell it or not.

Check with Craig’s List or other similar areas. Search criteria in either by-owner or by owner and dealer might be: Manx, dune buggy, kit car, reproduction and check in autos for sale, RV, motorcycle (the last two for the Bounty Hunter) and lookin the parts for sale section under the same or similar criteria.

The Samba for sale may help but a lot of the time prices I think range from OK to OMG!

I hope this helps some.

Lee
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

Lee,
Thanks for all of the pointers. All are valid and very useful. I'll work on the details and post again later. Thanks again.
letterman7

Post by letterman7 »

In addition to Lee's recommendations, you have to also consider location, where you are versus your target audience. Personally, the Bradley isn't worth much. I've seen complete running GTII's sell for as little as $500 just because nobody wanted it. On the other hand, the Bounty Hunter is a fairly sought after buggy. But some guys that may want one on one coast may not spring for the shipping if it's on the opposite coast if the price is too high.

Rick