Saw something for sale

Can't afford the rare and extreme car of your dreams? Well just build one.
Ol'fogasaurus

Saw something for sale

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/3380307550.html

Now you really don't see these that often. I don't know who makes them but this is the second one I have seen around here. Notice it has doors! Assuming he has the other door this could make a fun buggy. It also looks like it come with Brazilian pan halves so some work is going to be required.

It is listed as a '77 but has a swing axle transaxle in it so the pan could be from out of the country; OK for street use. It might be worth contacting him if you want something a bit different.

Lee
Ol'fogasaurus

Re: Saw something for sale

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

The other one I saw was in a shed/garage not too far north from Hoodsport WA just off highway 101. It was several years ago but I suspect that is still could be there assuming that the area was not bull dozed down due to flooding in the area. The buggy was white and had the top bows with it but it was just too dark to see much as the power to the garage had been lost. I haven't talked to the owner since.

I have seen what looks like another one sans doors but I am not sure if it was.

The door way, including the sill, hinge surface and latch area, were formed with, as I remember, a stop area for a seal; it wasn't just a flat opening and the stop area added some support to the opening. I don't know if there was reinforcing behind it as it was too dark to see much and there was no flashlight; the doors had been removed for protection. I asked if he still had them and the answer was yes. I still think about it and wonder if it is still there. The guy who owned it name was “Bill”.

Lee
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4381428336.html

The kit car is not anything I have never seen before.

Lee
letterman7

Post by letterman7 »

Looks like a very modified Tuff Tub.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Marc

Post by Marc »

I know it's been mentioned here before, but for the benefit of anyone who's missed it here's a great site with lots of pictures and articles on many, many kit cars:
http://priceofhistoys.com/

I like the original David Loring Mantis designs much more than the rip-offs like the Invader - that thing is only good-looking from one or two views -definitely only ones that don't include those hideous doors :)
Stray Catalyst

Post by Stray Catalyst »

I had an Invader for a while, I still regret selling it. Far sexier than the Bradley GT, curvier than the Lazer 917. Whatever engineer designed that kit car was obsessed with the curve of a woman's hips - or he used a centerfold as a straight edge. If only it had been designed for any driver over five feet tall.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

There are designs I like better but this is the most complete one of these I have seen for a long time. For example, usually the tops are missing.

Lee
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4483946693.html

I think it is probably on the high side dollar wise but it is beautiful. Trailer included.

Lee
Placerpuma

Post by Placerpuma »

Stray Catalyst wrote:I had an Invader for a while, I still regret selling it. Far sexier than the Bradley GT, curvier than the Lazer 917. Whatever engineer designed that kit car was obsessed with the curve of a woman's hips - or he used a centerfold as a straight edge. If only it had been designed for any driver over five feet tall.
X2

I have an Invader listed for sale, despite everybody telling me to cut it up for junk, I see so much potential in the shape of that car.
I would love to see someone take it and start bringing it into the 21st. century.
The windshield, sure looks like an afterthought or better said like a budget restraint, using the Karmann Ghia windshield at an odd angle.

Does anyone have have some Photoshop skills and a sleepless night ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4574544470.html

There are several cars here. The last one is an open wheel car. I am in a location that is giving me problems but I think the URL is still good.

Lee
letterman7

Post by letterman7 »

I've seen photos of a Stripper, but never one for sale. I like it - too bad it's on the wrong coast!
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I had never seen a Stripper before but it is pretty cool looking. I wish I had a place for it as it would make a very cool street car.

Lee
letterman7

Post by letterman7 »

Lee, are you near enough to the guy to go take a look at it? I'm halfheartedly considering it, but the shipping to the east coast is going to be a killer. I would just like to see how the cockpit is set up (if any) and how much legroom is actually there. I've had dune buggies in the past, all short chassis, and my legs just can't handle that anymore. If you are, I'll make it worth your while. Just PM me or email me off forum.

Rick