Disk brake upgrade/Bob Ingman

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
Jim Andritsakos

Post by Jim Andritsakos »

Nice to hear from you Bob! :D

Best regards,
Jim
alsehendo

Post by alsehendo »

There is a guy in Canada that will machine a early 944 hub and your thing front spindles to go together. Thus you will have true 944 breaks and hubs all around.

Here is the site:
http://www.vdubengineering.com/technica ... rsions.htm
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

I have heard about these folks for years but have never spoken to anyone who has used their conversion kit. Anyone use it yet? I have a complete front 944 disc set up ready for the conversion. K-mann
alsehendo

Post by alsehendo »

I have not sent him spindles yet--he will give you references.

I was leary about giving him my only Thing spindles to modify sine they are rare--still looking for a some low priced extras.

I bought all the needed parts front and back of an early mashed 944 locally for couple hundred bucks. Also I am looking for some cookie cutters locally the car I bought the parts off had already been striped off them. I herd the trouble is the 911 guys like them to race with on there track cars so they tend to be in short supply?

I am contemplating putting the stuff on my Ghia for the first trial @ 944 breaks @ least it would not screw up a expensive set of Thing spindles if it dose not work out.
Last edited by alsehendo on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

I understand your hesitation. i too have been waiting to hear from a successful project. Please let us know how it turns out.