Here are the 1st pics of the thing I just bought for 1k

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
GhiaRacing

Post by GhiaRacing »

http://www.imagestation.com/album/index ... 4291508243
Just go to the index to see all the pics at once, unless your lucky enough to have DSL, then do as you please! LOL

Okay so I am happy with my purchase. Weren't you when you got yours?
I am going to start the work on it as soon as its not 100 degrees outside. It's very dry here in So Cal, perfect for a 74 VW. TeeHeeHee.
I'll keep everyone posted on it's development. I wan't to do it right the first time so It could take me till December (not too long)
Well, I am too excited.
1st up, clean it.
2nd, tow it to Crooked Mechanics in Burbank and have them fix me up with a clean smog check.
3rd Make sure everything works for the DMV inspection
4th DMV
5th Take it to the driveway to get all the surface rust on the pan off, sand down the trunk and engine compartment and POR-15 it.
6th fix the dents
7th I haven't thought this far yet.

I'm happy, thanks for convincing me everyone. I am sure this will be my farvorite vw yet! Jeorge

------------------
Wanted:
-Beige Upholstery for 68 Ghia (front & back)

[This message has been edited by GhiaRacing (edited 08-10-2002).]
Bob Ingman

Post by Bob Ingman »

Congratulations Jorge, you did the right thing(pun intended).The Ghia was always my favorite VW too til I got a Thing. You`ll grow to appreciate this car more and more as you get to know it and its characteristics. Big engine, big tires =big fun. Good luck. Bob Ingman
GhiaRacing

Post by GhiaRacing »

I hear you.

I think I loved those cars (ghia + thing) because they both seem to have a lot of character.

It's real fun working on cars that you know have so much history, and have their own story to tell.
Hmm, I being too nostalgic?

I'm glad to be part of the club! J