Compilation of Everything 181 Off Road & Related...

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
Metal Twister

Compilation of Everything 181 Off Road & Related...

Post by Metal Twister » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:40 pm

I'm trying to get a compilation of Off Road 181's pics, Modifications, and Fabrication idea that are unique to the 181Thing"s & Safari's as well as street-able Dual Sport 181's heavy on the dirt modifications side. Sifting through pages of lowered or stock thing is cool but not where my interests lie. If you have info. on your off road 181, or have pics that are not already posted feel free to add them as well. If you would like to share your Off Road build Link while making it easy for us to find please, post a link here as well. All 181 off road modifications would be welcome as well. A pic is worth a thousand words so get wordy! :D

Id eventually like to get into specifics like Tire and wheel sizes and relocation pros and cons, Suspension up grades both to stock components and custom built, and eventually working from the ground up to what is the best design of roof racks and for what purposes... I guess I'm just hoping to get as much 181 off road stuff in one place as we can. Spending days searching for this valuable stuff sucks! :wink: So basically anything 181 off road can be added here. Thanks for the help and taking the time to add your information.

I thought I would get THINGS started with some eye candy that I have collected. I saved these pics with the intent of gathering ideas of what has already been done. Some great vehicles here and be sure to add yours when ya get a chance.

Last edited by Metal Twister on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Metal Twister

Re: 181 Off Road Thing Pic Compilation...

Post by Metal Twister » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Last edited by Metal Twister on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metal Twister

Post by Metal Twister » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Metal Twister

Post by Metal Twister » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Metal Twister

Post by Metal Twister » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Metal Twister

Re: Compilation of Everything 181 Off Road & Related...

Post by Metal Twister » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Just curious how far one can take the modifications of a 181 and still get buy calling it street legal? Im in California and Im guessing if you had it registered prior to the mods and you never had to transfer the title everything would be just fine. What has your real life experiences been? Any Issues with the DMV or the PoPo?

Fast Eddie

Re: Compilation of Everything 181 Off Road & Related...

Post by Fast Eddie » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Not much activity on this thread. I myself am interested in the same topic. Twisted metal if you would like to brainstorm some together feel free to. I currently have four things but only one worth working on and would like to do a "mudder" off road type ride. I live in Mississippi where that would be more suited for my surroundings.