wiper blades

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
maineshops

wiper blades

Post by maineshops »

can you get wiper blades for the thing? how about decals? mine are good except for a couple spots that i can touch up with blk paint if necessary. anybody use 3M seam sealer to touch up the undercoating?
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

We have new oe wiper blades at RoMTOC Also folks over the years have alter the stock Thing wiper arms to allow the use of low cost 10" straight blades or common low cost Ansco blades available at most flaps.
maineshops

Post by maineshops »

thats what i thought too. modification that is. i'm a retired tool and die maker and have a small machine shop so making stuff is half the fun
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

With your equipment and experience, you should consider making a wiper arm end adapter that would not require modifying the wiper arm end and would allow the use of a very common, high quality, low cost 10" wiper blade. The Thing community would love that item. Some folks just file or grind down the tip of the wiper arm to allow the use of a common blade but that makes the arm unfit for the stock blade if someone every want to go back to stock OE parts. Please pmail me at [email protected]. I would like to discuss with you a few Thing parts fab projects that I have in mind.
maineshops

Post by maineshops »

something like a simple "u" that bolts on the original arm with the proper configuration to fit a standard wiper blade is what i had in mind i guess. I'll e mail ya. we have long winters around here
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

Exactly. Thanks