vw thing front seats

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
Mike Perez

vw thing front seats

Post by Mike Perez »

Are VW THING front seats ( THING specific) or does any other front seat, like the bug match.

Mike
champagne superbeetle

Post by champagne superbeetle »

Hiback front seats from a '71 fit the '73 and '74 Thing.

I believe the '72 bug/Super use the same tracks as a '71 as well and they changed for '73. I'm not sure at all going backwards in time to the pre-Super era.

I also don't know about Type 181's prior to '73 or after '74.

(I assume by "matching" you meant the tracks. US bugs had hibacks or headrests starting in '68 just as all cars did. Thing seats as actual seats were specific to themselves only ... except for the tracks.)
Mike Perez

Post by Mike Perez »

Thank you champagne beetle for the reply.

I actually want the stock seats, my thing has MR2 seats. I was hoping, and figured, the seats would be easier to find if they wern't Thing specific.

Mike
baja5

Post by baja5 »

If you are still in need of seats, let me know. I have 2 sets of original 74 fronts.
Mike Perez

seats

Post by Mike Perez »

Thanks for the reply, I did buy a set that I need to refurbish someday. What kind of shape are they in and how much?

Mike
baja5

Post by baja5 »

I would say they are in fair shape, no tears in the covers but they are 30 years old. I was thinking 50 bucks for a pair. I can post up some pics if you would like to see them.
RWK

Post by RWK »

I need a front driver seat so would be interested in a set along w/ roll bar.
RK
baja5

Post by baja5 »

RWK wrote:I need a front driver seat so would be interested in a set along w/ roll bar.
RK
Check the Roll Bar thread, there are pics of the seats that are in the cars along with the Roll Bars. Where are you located??