Wake Up Call

VW's aircooled mini SUV. Great for riding in the country, or cruising the beach.
david58

Post by david58 »

That would look cool at the top of this page. :wink:
doc
Site Admin

Post by doc »

I'll look into it. Very creative. I like it!! :D

doc

We WILL have to get the artist's permission on the Thing drawing.
david58

Post by david58 »

Ok who dropped the ball. :wink:
Colorider181

Post by Colorider181 »

If by artist you mean me, I'm fine with it being used, but I think he means the original artist (of the original logo).
david58

Post by david58 »

Bump what happened to the stickers?
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

I printed as page of small ones on address labels. They look really cool
david58

Post by david58 »

Kubelmann wrote:I printed as page of small ones on address labels. They look really cool
So is this the end or are you going to do stickers?
Hot, humid air is less dense than cooler, drier air. This can allow a golf ball to fly through the air with greater ease, as there won't be as much resistance on the ball.
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

I have the sheet of stickers I printed on address labels A larger more permanent sticker on clear vinyl might be nice. Does any one out there have the equipment to make them permanent and waterproof?
CJDAVIS

Post by CJDAVIS »

Hey guys,
Its been 2 years since I've been regularly visiting this site. My priorities have changed from a resto- cal 60 ragtop that was finished and sold to England to owning 3 73 things. I only want to keep the first one I bought 2 1/2 years ago. I towed it home from New Mexico with the friendly former owner writing in shoe marker "in toe" on the decklid. I made it from Belen, NM to Las Cruces, NM (150 miles) before I couldn't take it anymore and had to wash it off with a McDonald's Coke. I have since rebuilt it completely mechanically, yet it still retains its original "patina/shitbox" cosmetics. Last fall I participated in a CA coastal cruise that started in Oceanside,CA harbor and went south to Cardiff state beach. I started with what I thought was a full tank of gas, but quickly learned the hard way that my gauge quit working on me. I ran out of gas and shut down in the tail end of 20+ ACVW's and a really nice, flaming gay guy in a 69 autostick bug came to my rescue. He showed me his rainbow tipped white shoes and kindly drove me to the nearest gas station to fill my newly purchased gas can. Told me many stories about his life and despite our total differences, proved to me that VW fans can cross all thresholds. I'm ready to tackle the drive to Bug In 33, but by the time The Classic rolls in, I should be rolling in 2276 with 48IDF's
DannyK

Re: Wake Up Call

Post by DannyK »

My Thing story involves a girl. You remember that perfect girl you knew as a kid that you should have married? Yeah, her. I used to ride my bicycle to her house, visit with her mom awhile and then we'd ride our bikes to the beach together. She got a yellow 1973 Thing in high-school. I put one yellow rose under her Thing's wiper blade dozens/hundreds of times and let her wonder who they could be from. I loved that girl and she loved me, but I didn't realize it untill she had moved away. I continued to stop by and visit her mom on my way to the beach for years. The girl came back one day for her mom's funeral. She said her mom had told her I had kept visiting her and it was my visits she cherished most in her final years. A couple years ago I saw a Thing hiding in a lady's garage and told told her to call me if she ever wanted to sell it. One day she did, and yeah, sometimes when I'm driving it, I think of that perfect girl, who loved me and I let get away.
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

P.S. Mod's first post asked for Thing stories and that's mine, but yeah - I want stickers too ! :P
Kubelmann

Post by Kubelmann »

VW owners do truly cross-over all boundaries. Thing stories are always great.. What kind of stickers do we want?> K-mann
david58

Post by david58 »

Kubelmann wrote:VW owners do truly cross-over all boundaries. Thing stories are always great.. What kind of stickers do we want?> K-mann
Pay attention THING Stickers. :lol:
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

Stickers ! Yeah, Let's make it happen ! My Thing is currently sportin' the Red Bug version, a Thing would be much better and it'd be nice to encourage people to visit this (Thing) forum. Since all the photobucket pics are gone, are we starting from scratch? I like the example on K-mans Rom-toc site. I agree that a clear Shoptalkforums.com must be visible but also something saying air-cooled VWs or Thing/181. As for colors, how about the original Thing colors?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DannyK

Post by DannyK »

Another idea is to borrow the old ad "Its not a car, its a Thing" in large letters followed by shoptalkforums.com underneath.