FS: 1967 Westfalia Trailer *RARE* $2995

vwhippie

FS: 1967 Westfalia Trailer *RARE* $2995

Post by vwhippie »

For sale (or equal trade for a running Westfalia up to 1983 year or partial trade for cash plus something VW I may need) is a nice condition and hard to find in the USA 1967 Westfalia Trailer. This would be great to tow behind any of your classic VWs to shows and for camping or hauling stuff. This trailer was imported into the USA by West Coast Classics of California. The gentleman I purchased it from lived down in the LA area and purchased it at a VW event and then retired and moved to Utah. With too many of his own non VW projects he decided to sell it. I purchased it and made the long trek to Utah from California to pick it up and tow it home (it towed great by the way!). So now it resides in northern California. It is in very nice condition with very little rust. You can tell from the attached pictures it was well take care of. It appears the previous owner did some mild body work to it at one time as the red color is not an exact match in a couple small areas but looked to be only minor touch up work or minor rust prevention. For my purposes, it looked fine. I was going to use it for camping. It is quite roomy inside and can sleep two people nicely like those teardrop trailers you see. My plan was to fully restore it and use as a camper trailer to pull behind my 1960 Single Cab and Thing for VW shows. It is about 53" wide inside and over 7 foot long so perfect as a sleeper to use at shows rather than pop a tent all the time which is a pain. The two rear doors open and is lockable with the provided keys. The tires have lots if tread on them and even have the rare westfalia hub caps to match. Use it for whatever you need. As a camper, hauling stuff, take to shows, whatever.

The only reason I have decided to sell it is I have just too many projects and something needs to go. My price is firm at $2995. Tows great! Easy to handle and move around your garage or yard. This thing is lite weight for towing so any old VW will do fine towing it. I hate to sell it but like I said, time to let one item go so I can concentrate on fewer projects.

Let me know if I can answer any questions. Has 1 7/8" tow package on it so all you need is your hitch with 1 7/8" ball and you are ready to tow. The electrical is setup and lights on it work fine.

Be unique and own something rare in the USA and take to VW shows and enjoy!

I live about an one hour drive north east of Sacramento, California. About 3 hours or so from the San Jose or San Francisco area.

If you have a running Westfalia, any year, that you want to trade, I might consider it. Or, partial trade of cash plus something VW I might need like a engine.

I found a picture of a black hearse that is basically the same trailer as I am selling. *Please note that the "black trailer" is not mine, nor do I know who's it is. It is just a picture I found on the Internet of the same kind of trailer I have and offers ideas of what someone can do with it and how it was used in Germany as this trailer appears to be used for many uses* I added the picture here for your enjoyment. It looks like these trailers were used for all sorts of utilitarian needs in Germany. You will see in the picture of mine where the two doors are open some rails. There is a tray that is mounted to wheels that glides up and down these rails so heavy loads can be moved in and out. Like bodies <grin>, fire dept apperatus, etc... My plan was to mount a nice board to the tray that allows the full bed to slide in and out of the trailer for easy loading and unloading. Might even mount some legs to the same board so it can pull out the whole way and be setup as a nice big table for camping. Just some ideas for those interested in what you could do with the trailer. And, when one day God decides to take you home, you can be carted to the cemetary in it. hehehe. For now though, enjoy camping in it!

Post by Guest »

This trailer has sold. Thanks