1978 Champagne Edition. $1300.00 OBO/ Trades

unclejohns78

1978 Champagne Edition. $1300.00 OBO/ Trades

Post by unclejohns78 »

My friend owned this bus and decided to scrap the fuel injection. He purchased a dual carb setup but never installed.. The bus sat for about 8 months while the interior was at the upholstery shop, but the guy had only finished one bucket seat in close to a year. After this I purchased the bus and have used it very little, mostly for storage. This bus handles and rides good, better than my daily driver 78 with freshly overhauled front end and new tires. It?s ready for a new owner that will give it a little TLC. Will consider all VW related trades, or trade for short school bus.

Mechanical:
Strong running hydraulic 2.0L, good compression on all four cylinders. New cap, rotor, Bosch plug wires, and plugs. Smooth shifting 4 speed transmission. Brakes work very good and the front end is tight. Solid heater boxes, new single quiet pac exhaust. Tires are good, not D load range, but they work well and have lots of tread. New paint on wheels.

Exterior:
Rust in usual bus areas but mostly surface rust, all floors are solid. Original Fox Red/Brown two tone paint. Some dings and dents. Passenger rear corner is warped and has surface rust, it looks like it could have been hit and the dent pulled. Straight nose. Chrome bumpers. Needs window rubber all around, drips when raining hard.

Interior:
All original, Missing middle seat. Front seats need upholstery. All door panels are there and look pretty good, no tears, just missing chrome trim. Has front rubber mat. Has clock next to speedo. Headliner good and tight, a couple small tears.

The Bad:
Wiper motor. It works good but sometimes will not shut off..??? Fuel gauge sending unit needs replacement, but part is included. 2 CV joint boots torn. New boots and grease included.

***Will have pictures on thesamba soon.

Brent Lehr
[email protected]