low EGT values on specific cylinders

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
lakis1982

low EGT values on specific cylinders

Post by lakis1982 »

Hello,

I am trying to finally program my ECU parameters (i am using an Ecumaster EMU device) on my 2100cc oxyboxer turbo injection engine..
I have one EGT sensor installed on every cylinder so that i can monitor their values.. No wideband sensor yet...

My problem is that i see very low temperatures around 70-100C on cylinders 1 and 3, while on cylinders 2 and 4 the values are more normal around 500C.. These are values after letting it idle for a couple of minutes..

I did a test to make sure that my ignition per cylinder is working consistently and is syncronized and i see that all the ingition angles are correct..
So i assumed that the problem is injection related. I also swapped the injectors between cyl 1 and 2 and the same problem occurs, low EGT values on cyl 1 and 3 and normal values on cyl 2 and 4..

Then I did took off the spark plug from cylinder 2. The weird thing is that in this case, the EGT values on cyl 1 and 3 became normal !!!! around 480C and on cylinder 2 around 80C (as expected) and on cylinder 4 around 180C...
DO you know why does this could happen ?? WHy do I have low EGT values on cyl 1 and 3 , and then when i take off spark plug from cyl 2, why the EGT values on cyl 1 and 3 go normal ???

I am not using any EGT based correction yet on the pulse width of every injector
I am using SIemends Deka genuine brand new injectors
The engine is fresh built brand new
i am using batch fire injection

Please give me your thoughts , I feel i am stucked...

REgards