Finally starting on a blow through Kadron motor

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Lo Cash John

Re: Finally starting on a blow through Kadron motor

Post by Lo Cash John »

I think for myself I might build another Kadron turbo motor but I might make mine "stealth". Go with a K3 turbo tucked under the apron, then run pressure pipe below/past motor to bellhousing area. I'd then pipe my kads together with a pipe on the rear side of the fan shroud. I could disguise the pressure hats with old kadron air cleaners. If someone looked real close they'd figure it out, but at a glance it'd look like any other dual kad motor.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Would you run the up pipe from the turbo up behind the shroud too?
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

buguy wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 pm Would you run the up pipe from the turbo up behind the shroud too?
The turbo would be tucked behind the rear apron, like a CB performance Hide-a-way header does. I'd figure a way to build an air filter box under the rear fender. The turbo outlet (pressurized fresh air) piping would be run so it's not visible with the deck lid open. It would come up behind the fan shroud and feed a crossover pipe that's also back there. This might require moving the firewall forward a few inches. No big deal though.
Booky

Post by Booky »

Keep us posted on the progress I have been wanting to do the same with a 1600 kadrons .Im looking at doing it over the winter on a Sandrail that is built for the road.
Buggsy

Post by Buggsy »

Clonebug wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:14 pm You might want to extend the float bowl vents into those carb tops.
Nope, you don't want to do that. Tried it in 2001. You don't have to do anything to the Kads but rejet, and ensure the throttle shafts don't leak. The limiting factor will be how much the float can handle before it crushes. I know they are good to at least 12 psi.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Buggsy wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:38 pm
Clonebug wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:14 pm You might want to extend the float bowl vents into those carb tops.
Nope, you don't want to do that. Tried it in 2001. You don't have to do anything to the Kads but rejet, and ensure the throttle shafts don't leak. The limiting factor will be how much the float can handle before it crushes. I know they are good to at least 12 psi.
Every carb is different.....it's an option if he needs more fuel on boost. I myself don't want to see another carb ever but that's just me..... :wink:
I wasn't too impressed with Kadrons N/A...I'm curious to see how they perform under boost.
Although......I had a single port 1500 that ran really, really sweet on dual Kadrons.
I still have those carbs and intakes sitting somewhere on the shelf.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Udo Airbus

Post by Udo Airbus »

Any update John?
VW T1 1964 - Mouse Grey - Pearl White OG paint

Bagged, Porsche steeringrack/brakes..IRS, 1915cc
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

No updates yet. I'm out of town for work and won't be back until July 3rd.

Next steps are:

Complete the 3" exhaust
Fab up a breather box
Sort out the oil, fuel and breather plumbing
Modify stock fuel pump for boost
John S.

Post by John S. »

I love the stealthy'ness.
Take some vids of it performing.
Booky

Post by Booky »

Come on John you tease us with your build then don’t post up dates for a while.
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

Sorry guys but I've been super busy with work and with some repairs on our daily drivers. I did start fabbing up a breather box but it's not done yet and the pics are on my phone.

Hopefully I can post more next week.
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

Update time!!

I've been super busy with work and lift in general. Over the last couple of weekends I finished the oil separator (breather box) and got the plumbing roughed in.

Hoses are all -10 (5/8" in rubber hose) so crank case pressure should be non-existant.

Next bit of fabrication that I can think of will be the rear engine tin. This will be made in 3 pieces and the center section will be secured in place with Dzus fasteners.
V8Nate

Post by V8Nate »

Absolutely fantastic
buguy

Post by buguy »

Looks like your almost there! Bug jam next weekend if you need some swap meet parts.
Lo Cash John

Post by Lo Cash John »

Not sure if I'll get to BugJam next weekend. If I do, it'll just be a fast trip down there and back on the same day.