MAX boost psi...how much?

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Chip Birks

Re: MAX boost psi...how much?

Post by Chip Birks »

Tinyvw wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:53 pm
Chip Birks wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:39 pm Do you have the fiat baja?
YES...GUILTY :oops: . ..how many vw guys have a TF1 case?...on Samba I am VeeWeeman. ..I just like Tinyvw too.

It's nice to know what a Fiat baja is :lol: :lol:
Its true, not many. The Fitech is what threw me off the scent. You had been preaching Halteh pretty heavily on thesamba, with emphasis on the flex fuel capability. Kinda surprised to see you switch gears so fast. Though Rodney does do good work and offers some pretty sweet products. Glad to see you getting things nailed down a bit. Sounds like you'll be commited to e85 unless you plan to run Super Squish pistons. 9.5 will make for good fun off boost. Mine is set at 9.1 currently, and has seen over 25psi on e85 with plenty of boost to go, I aggressively attack intake temp increases though. Water to air intercooler, water/meth injection.
Tinyvw

Post by Tinyvw »

The truth is this Chip, I have been researching efi systems now for almost a year and I truly believed in the haltech elite series. ..when I called Paradise Motorsports in CA to get a dyno quote, I spoke shortly with Kris Lauffer and he informed me that he stopped using the Haltech due to the overseas delay in customer service. ..he did say that their systems were decent though...the Fitech system with intake is a complete convenience bolt on with limited capabilities and has a good price point but is limited to 25 psi. ..I think I would rather be a lot more happier with a efi system that is not limited, although it will cost me gobs of money :(
madmike

Post by madmike »

I see You did contact Mike @ Turbo's Direct? 8)
Tinyvw

Post by Tinyvw »

madmike wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:04 am I see You did contact Mike @ Turbo's Direct? 8)
YES I did, thanks madmike. ..Mike was incredible to talk with and a super nice guy...he gave me the info I needed and recommend a turbo size. ..when it came down to journal or bearing turbo he left it up to me to decide and explained the difference clearly. ..I enjoyed our conversation...I will be getting my turbo parts from Mike when I get to that stage of my build...thanks for the hook up!