1641 Turbo EFI Manx. 250Hp/337Nm Turbotub

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
rubenski

Re: 1641 Turbo EFI Manx. Gathering parts!

Post by rubenski »

And made a bracket for the linelock

Where do u guys have the button to activate it?

I have a hurst shifter with a t handle so i cant fit the rubberband arround it
Better to be blown than to suck!
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Winter project #1 finished

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Your shifter handle... is that the reverse lock out, if so get your opposing digit away from it when racing :twisted: :lol: .

(Opinion) When the Tee-handles with the button on the came out I wasn't impressed. The thumb works slower than the digits and its pivot point is close to the wrist. If you are shifting the idea of the tee-handle is to keep the wrist locked and the push/pull shifting is done from the upper body. With a locked wrist, and the thumb by it I felt that it slowed things down. If you are deck shifting/not using the clutch after launch you want to be concentrating on the process and not the thumb (some guys will lift slightly on the loud pedal when shifting to take some of the load off the "box" of gears). The fore finger is much quicker working than the opposing thumb; didn't your mother ever tell you to get out of something then try to smack your hand with a wooden spoon or something: that is how the fingers learn to move faster than the thumb.

Until the thumb button came out, and even after, some of the guys put the button on the front of the shifter itself, high enough for the forefinger to operate the button. When I had a line lock that was my preferred location.
Lee

My opinion is worth slightly less than what you paid for it.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

It is indeed a reverse lockout.
Havent had anu issues when shifting fast.
My thumb is under the T and not above it or on the side.

But how do you shift hard without using the clutch?

The linelock wont fit over the T handle.

Maybe i will switch the push button to a "on-off" button.

Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Here is my launch/flat shift button.

It's an on/off button.

Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Mine is on my stock steering wheel. I used a tiny momentary switch. Drilled a hole through the back side of the spoke of the wheel. Mounted it a half inch or so to the left left of the horn ring groove. Provides easy thumb access. I run the wiring through the wheel, and down the steering column. Totally stealth.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Hi clone.

I will get a new kind of switch that doesnt have to be pressed constantly on the shifter.

I tought about a push button on the steering wheel too but not sure about the wire hanging loose.

If its on the left side of the wheel and you fully turn to rhe right the wheel turns 1.5 times. So how do you get over that Chip Birks?

rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Quick question,

When u use an external wastegate, is welding the stock one the only solution?

Turbo looks much nicer without that bulky actuator on its back...
madmike

Post by madmike »

For the button you can use something like old telephone cord?
momentary button only , too dangerous for a regular on/off switch.
as for your wastegate ,, I just covered the hole,,,lol ,,,but i see ur turbo has a different outlet I'm sure u can come up with something??,,,
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

rubenski wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:10 am Hi clone.

I will get a new kind of switch that doesnt have to be pressed constantly on the shifter.

I tought about a push button on the steering wheel too but not sure about the wire hanging loose.

If its on the left side of the wheel and you fully turn to rhe right the wheel turns 1.5 times. So how do you get over that Chip Birks?
I just made sure there was enough wire at the bottom of the column to allow me to turn lock to lock. It hasn't been a problem.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

You can do it the fancy way and pay the big bucks.......

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all80181

Or do like I did and pick up a switch from an electronics Store and build your own.

I think I paid about $4.00 for my switch from Radio Shack and soldered wire on it that I had at home.
You could easily find some wire from an old telephone cord and copy the Summit setup for about $6.00 in parts.

I might even have a little momentary switch that I tried first and ended up switching to a on/off switch.......
Yep... I do have one that I tried.

I didn't want to have to hold the button to keep flat shift on so I switched to a on/off button.

The above button would work well in a steering wheel and use some 18-20 gauge wire from a phone cord.

I got my switches from Radio Shack. You might have something similar in your country.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

line loc button.jpg
I used a momentary for mine. Mine is for my line lock/3 step(burnout) rev limiter. I also use a momentary for my 2 step/launch control/flatshift, this one is on my clutch pedal. I can't use a on off type here, since the last thing i want to have to do while launching the car is have another button to push to deactivate my launch limiter. Clutch pedal switch makes it 100% seamless, push in the clutch, stand on the throttle. Release clutch, limiter turns off as things engage and off we go.

My burnout switch is on the steering wheel. I like the momentary there because i can release it while doing the burnout, and it allows me to roll out of the burnout box with tires spinning as i drive away from the wet pad. An on/off switch could be used here as well, but again I really like involving minimal thought while doing this stuff. I just move my thumb off the switch and roll out of the box, there is no chance I'll launch the car with the wrong limiter, or leave the line with a limiter active that shouldn't be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip Birks on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

I tried the cable under and arround the colum but did not like it. It kept jamming between the spacer and steeringwheel.

The button i got was a perfect fit tough

The check light found its place on the tacho next to the shiftlight

So im still not sure about the pushbutton and the place but this gives me an idea of how it would look like

If i go that place and that button i will replace the white zip ties with some thinner black ones. Or a fuel line clamp like yours Clone!

I picked up the tools for making the new brake lines from a friends father.

And maybe tommorow i will pick up some new hard brakelines and new nipples.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

For a line lock switch you can put it anywhere you can reach since you won't be shifting.

All my button on the shifter does is activate the clutch switch so I don't have to turn on launch/flat shift in Tunerstudio if and when I ever want to use it.
Since I am a chicken it is really only for show right now..... :oops:

The clutch switch does all the work for me....

If I ever wanted to do a line lock I would just add a relay and and divert the shifter switch to operate a ground signal to the line lock on the burnout box then swap back to the launch control with a switch on the dash....if you know what I mean......
That would make the button a dual purpose.......
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

My wires don't go along the outside of the column, but literally through the steering rod, popping out just above where the rod couples to the steering box coupler.
Okay Clone, that makes way more sense! Its an arming switch on the shifter! On/off makes sense.
I just leave mine active all the time. I've never acccidentally used the launch or flatshift on the street, gotta be trying pretty hard to be naughty to make them do their thing.