My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
advinnie

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by advinnie »

Well I've had a hole day to play on the bug and I've found the problem 😁
It was a slightly blocked main circuit in the carb. I put my innovate lm-2 back on and noticed that under boost she was running around 11.1 then would jump to 13:1 ish and detonation would start then all of a sudden richen up again to around 11.1. swapped the mains for larger ones then smaller ones but the issue of the A/F ratio all of a sudden jumping to lean then back to rich would not go away. So snoic cleaned the carb but it all back together and put a pair of 1.60 mains in and now I'm safely back up to 10psi boost and no detonation at all.
I'm about to rewrite the ignition map now and I will get back to you all laterπŸ‘
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Right here's my new ignition curve. I would post a photo but I can't down size it enough for this forum😑. All these figures are at 3200 rpm witch is where my max ignition advance is.
At -8 psi / 46 Kpa (crusing manifold pressure) I have 38 degrees BTDC,
At WOT, 101Kpa I have 32 degrees BTDC and I continue that up to 3 psi of boost. I then start to retard the timing down to 20 degrees BTDC @ 14 psi on the ignition Map.
At the moment I'm spiking to 11 psi boost very briefly before it Seattles down to 10 psi and I have no signs of detonation and this is using a pair of 1.60 main jets witch is a little bit to rich and giving me a A/F ratio of 10.4:1 so the next step is to either lean of the mains a little or fit the 14 psi wastegate spring and see what A/F's I'm getting there.
All this hassle all due to a blocked circuit 😑
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Great news, good you got it running healthy.

I can advise you tapatalk. Its an app for smartphones, you can add whatever pictures and it automaticly resizes them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

rubenski wrote: ↑Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:48 am Great news, good you got it running healthy.

I can advise you tapatalk. Its an app for smartphones, you can add whatever pictures and it automaticly resizes them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk
How the hell do you use Tapatalk?
I've downloaded it but can't see how to get my photos on there and how do you then get them on to this forum from there?
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

I can post photos again πŸ‘
Will post one of the new ignition map in a bit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

My new ignition Map
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

My new ignition Map
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

cool looking bug!
gbaker770

Post by gbaker770 »

Are you runners Ng draw through or blow through?
And carb or EFI if carb what jetting ?

Sidedraft drawthrough
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

andy198712 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 am cool looking bug!
Cheers mate πŸ‘
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

gbaker770 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:51 am Are you runners Ng draw through or blow through?
And carb or EFI if carb what jetting ?

Sidedraft drawthrough
What jetting you running?
I've leaned mine of a little today on the mains from a pair of 1.60 mains down to a pair of 1.52 mains and she is feeling a lot better for it. Now I restarted the map slightly down to 19 degrees BTDC at 14psi to play it safe and tomorrow in going to start advancing it a little and see how it all goes
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

My max run was disappointing I couldn't reach 12 psi witch is a bummer need to find out why. Only got a constant 11.8psi boost.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Any one running an electronic boost controller like the one in the link?
https://ldperformance.co.uk/product/ele ... ontroller/

They say it will bring boost in earlier and faster but not to Shaw how it does that?
gbaker770

Post by gbaker770 »

The good boost controllers will have duty cycle and gate pressure settings. Those will definitely change the speed of how fast it builds boost. Be very careful when setting up an electronic controller. Even if you have your overboost settings in there. Its better to start on the safe side then add more as you learn. Just my opinion.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Ok the one in the link has a duty cycle settings so is that a good one ?
I can't understand how it will build boost faster?
I fully understand how it can maintain boost but not how it brings it on faster ?