My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by madmike »

Thanks ,well it was worth a try :lol: :lol:
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

πŸ‘
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

Damn, that's quick!
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

That's only running 8 psi boost, I was running 14 psi at one point but couldn't control detonation, at 10 psi boost i would sometimes get detonation but 8 psi the old girl loves 😁
This 1600 turbo is now on the same level as my 2276cc and she gets more miles to the gallon.
Im wondering what a turbed 2276 can do ?

PS I have to admit that the Speedo over reads a little. 65 mph on the Speedo is 60mph on a GPS unit (real speed)
But yes she is bloody fast 😁
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

You have stock gearing in your trans? I feel like that's faster than my 1776 with 15lbs....
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Yes still have the stock gearbox a 1200 gearbox with might be why she's shifting so fast?
petew

Post by petew »

Mmmm, maybe. But not for long if you keep hammering it. I'd be looking out for a stronger box, preferably with a 3:88 r&p so you can really build torque.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

That is the plan. I was going to wait till the stock 1200 box gives in and then get a new one expecting the stock box to last only a few hundred miles but it's done over 2500 miles now and still as good as the day I fitted it.therw is a company called cogbox who will make a box to suit the engine but they need to know what rpms I'm pulling, when max torque is and so on and I just don't have them figures for them
madmike

Post by madmike »

late model stock box will work awesome, with 3:88 and the stronger 1 st gear :wink: Have them add a super diff with 10/15 spiders & side gears, see if they have a case like in this photo it what is called a Z case/or offset case ,,strongest VW made :wink: they do have the fine tooth 3rd & 4th gears ,but I've had no issues (hope i didn't jinx myself :lol: ) with them drag racing :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I'm running a stock 67 swing axle with 3rd and 4th hubs welded.....It has held up fine for 3-4 yrs now.

It cost me $350.00 U.S. to have it gone through and welded.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Clonebug wrote: ↑Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:14 pm I'm running a stock 67 swing axle with 3rd and 4th hubs welded.....It has held up fine for 3-4 yrs now.

The joys of driving a fiberglass buggy!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Chip Birks wrote: ↑Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 am
Clonebug wrote: ↑Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:14 pm I'm running a stock 67 swing axle with 3rd and 4th hubs welded.....It has held up fine for 3-4 yrs now.

Whats a stock bug weigh????
Maybe 300-400 lbs more??

Lots of people have abused a stock trans.......the 3rd and 4th gear hubs will hold longer than a stock clutch.
My guess is around 120-150 lb./ft. torque.
Dump the clutch and do burnouts and you will finish it up pretty quickly.........I'm too old for that stuff....I got plenty of tickets in my youth...... :roll: :wink:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Clonebug wrote: ↑Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:40 am
Chip Birks wrote: ↑Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 am

Whats a stock bug weigh????
Maybe 300-400 lbs more??

Lots of people have abused a stock trans.......the 3rd and 4th gear hubs will hold longer than a stock clutch.
My guess is around 120-150 lb./ft. torque.
Dump the clutch and do burnouts and you will finish it up pretty quickly.........I'm too old for that stuff....I got plenty of tickets in my youth...... :roll: :wink:
Mine weighs 1840 without me. Its a tank. Thats fully fueled, as well as water and methanol in both tanks other fluid tanks. All steel, real glass, full interior, no bumpers.
I had another car, 61 ragtop with draw through setup, it weighed 1630 without me. Again, all steel, real glass, full interior, no bumpers, no cage.

I also don't act like an idiot on the street. Never launched the car off of the racetrack, never done a burnout from a standstill off of the track either. I guarantee that my old stocker would be a pile of broken metal if I'd retained it though. I really hope that my built box stays happy for a while longer. 6 years in so far. I've beat on it hard. Its got good parts in it though, probably should have the r&p checked for damage, as well as the axles. Driven thousands of miles with the spool so far. Curious to see the wear on stuff.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Thanks for the tip on the z case madmike. I must admit I have done a few burn outs but only a couple of times and the same with launch control. But I found out very quickly that with my set up I don't get that much boost in 1st gear so ive only got the same power out put as a mild tuned N/A 1600 setup it's not untill I hit second that things start to become fun 😁.
I was thinking of putting some bigger rear tyres on to help load up the engine and bring boost on faster if that's going to work?
I'm only running 175/65/15 tyres on the rear witch only gives me a sidewall of 114mm where as the stock tyre gives you a side wall of 135mm so there is a big difference between the two.
madmike

Post by madmike »

I know taller tire's work :wink: those short slick the 'Frog' is sitting on just nosed over when it come on to boost :roll: I have 3 set's of slicks and the tall one's just work better :lol: