My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
advinnie

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by advinnie »

😁
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I use a -4 feed and restrictor on my low mounted turbo, -10 return. No problems.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

What size restrictor are you using ?
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

To all those running a Weber dcoe draw through how have you lot done your throttle cable set up. I can only get half throttle
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Here's a link to a photo of how I've done my throttle linkage
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... hvdxut.png
petew

Post by petew »

advinnie, I suggest you upload the pic to STF. Photosucket is not working for me at all. Jerks. :(
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Photoracket no bueno.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

I've given up trying to find a site to allow me to post photos on here and bloody iPhone 7 don't allow you to down grade the dam camera so I can't use that to post directly on here.
Anyway throttle now all sorted but it's one step forward and two back at the moment. So today I cranked the engine over and my oil pressure gauge read zero psi at first but that was (I'm guessing) because it had to fill the filter,external oil cooler and all the new oil piping, but then the pressure started to build. Now when I start cranking the engine over I get 8 psi within a second or two on my gauge and within 6 seconds the stock oil pressure light on the dash goes out, now after 30 seconds of cranking I'm reading 18psi on my gauge but I'm not getting any oil out of the turbo oil drain at all. I have both the oil pressure sensors on the turbo oil feed line but they are at the bottom of the feed line but the fact the stock oil pressure light has gone out and the aftermarket pressure gauge is reading 18 psi there must be oil getting to the turbo?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Turbo or hose or maybe just the end fitting may be coked up. Must figure out//fix immediately.

The trick with the iphone is you need to email the pics to yourself from the photo view app, you can select the size (small/medium/large anyway) of the selected pics at that point. small is usually perfectly acceptable for web uploads, medium will work too.

If you are downloading it via USB etc you need a photo editing program, the GIMP is extreme overkill but it is available for windows and is Free. IIRC I have even used Microsoft Paint, but there are probably a hundred better free programs to edit photos.

If you are using OSX, Linux or other Unix variant, the program "convert" (Part of Imagemagik) can resize, flip, convert to b&W or dozens of other option and do it to whole directories of photos in one pass. (it can also put the modified files in other directories while doing it, so it doesn't change the source files)

It may even be available for Windows but you will have to type commands in a console... Which seems to weird out some Windows IT people like you are trying to feed them to a werewolf.
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Yes at last I've managed to post a photo thanks for the tip
IMG_0542.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

All sorted. The turbo drain now works there was a cone shaped filter in the turbo drain line witch was blocked. So I've now removed it and oil is glowing freely in and out of the turbo. The photo is not of the actual filter I just removed but is exactly the same. Should I have a filter in the drain line by the way?
IMG_0549.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

pressure side maybe
madmike

Post by madmike »

8) :lol:
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Make sure you are running the oil the correct way through a the turbo....
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Ha ha ha yes the oil is running through the turbo the correct way 😁