Weber draw through fuel system help

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
madmike

Re: Weber draw through fuel system help

Post by madmike »

A lawn mower? really :lol: I have a cpl. $$ more invested in my VW motors(Scat Cranks/Carillo rods ect.) so when I ran a DOCE's I boost ref the regs.I don't need to with the 4 Barrels
rs58rag

Post by rs58rag »

richardcraineum wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:14 pm here's an example of where I'm coming from. several years back I turboed a riding lawn mower. set it up the first time as a drawthrough and the carburetor was still gravity fed, not only was fuel pressure not boost referenced it there was no fuel pump at all.
Gbaker.... here's your answer to the 20 lbs boost in 4th gear pull! I knew I should of kept it simple.
madmike

Post by madmike »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gbaker770

Post by gbaker770 »

On my way to the mower shop now
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Hi lads can we talk about ignition timing?
I’m running 30 degrees BTDC at WOT @ 3000 rpm and have a idle timing of 10 degrees BTDC @ 900/1000 rpm. At cruise conditions I’ve added an extra 2 degrees above 3000 rpm putting me at 32 degrees and add an extra 1 degree of advance from 2000 to 2900 rpm. But on the boost side I’ve heard people say to pull 1 degree per 1 psi of boost starting from 1psi of boost and others saying there’s no need to start retarding the timing till you get to 3-5 psi of boost. What are you lot doing timing wise?
I’m only running 10psi at the moment.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

What fuel?
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

99 Ron (UK 🇬🇧)
madmike

Post by madmike »

You asked so,, I have both of my motors 'Locked' @24*
and use a High torque starter :wink: :lol: I got tired of changing cylinders, when messing with the DOCE's , I just wanted to eliminate any more issues,, at the time I was using a MSD 6al BTM ,Dizzy and coil,, Now days a Blue coil and an old Mallery single point dizzy. :wink: no more issues 8) :lol:
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Thanks for the reply mate.
buguy

Post by buguy »

You have them locked at 24* or limited to 24*?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Most likely locked. Old school setups over there. Old school works pretty good though. Thats how my high performance draw through engines were setup. My lower performance ones running up to 10 or so psi just ran a standard 009. My current car on gas pulls a half degree or so per psi assuming no methanol is in the equation. I think i add a few degrees on gas with meth. When running e85 i keep my timing mostly flat under boost, again, adding when meth is added to the mix.

E85 is amazing. If you have access, i highly recommend it.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I run draw through but mine is limited to 24* with a set screw in the tab.
Also I found 2 stations in town with E85 but they are both pretty far away and I don't think I could always get there. Water/meth injection I will probably do, but there isn't much info out there on draw through set ups.
madmike

Post by madmike »

Locked :wink:
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Anyone running megajolt, CB performance or similar ignition systems out there ?
Or anyone that can help?
Need to know if I should start retarding as soon as boost starts or what till I start to hit 3 psi
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Ps I started with a locked distributor that worked once I could get the engine started, then I moved on to a limited 009 distributor that worked a lot better now I have a fully adjustable CB black box ignition system witch gave me a lot more power when of boost but I ended up braking/ destroying the second ring on piston 3 and I don’t want to do it again. If it was due to to much advance or engine going lean I don’t know