Good carburetor for Turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Booky1

Good carburetor for Turbo

Post by Booky1 »

Every one seems to ask what turbo would be good for small displaysment motor.What about carburetor?I know every one looks at the turbo but I want to know what carb I don't want to go efi so what carb that's out there would be great not good but great.
rubenski

Re: Good carburetor for Turbo

Post by rubenski »

I'm no expert but carbs are really not made for turbo applications. You just modify them to work better in turbo setups.
Better to be blown than to suck!
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

So what you are saying is that there is no carburetor that works better than another one.And that every one that does a turbo build is doing efi now a days.
Booky1

Post by Booky1 »

So what you are saying is that there is no carburetor that works better than another one.And that every one that does a turbo build is doing efi now a days.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Surely not! Efi is just more capable!

Carbs in turbo is always a compromise...
Better to be blown than to suck!
madmike

Post by madmike »

003.JPG
I have one I'm selling : 40 Doce Weber with Intake :lol: Make me a decent offer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I haven't really looked into it for a while, but I used to think Quickfuel was the best. Seemed it had the most adjustability. For as close as they are in price now I believe the Fitech TB FI is a smarter choice.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Every turbo setup is different......

I used a Bocar 34 pict3 and while it worked it wasn't ideal.

My goal was EFI so after I had gathered the parts in the two years I ran the carb I switched to EFI.

I had the carb pretty well figured out by the time I switched but ran out of ambition to continue with it once I had EFI.

People have run dual Webers, single Webers, single or dual Kadrons, single Solex 34 pict 3's and almost every variation in between.

Pick one and give it a try.......you are the engineer and the mechanic.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I agree. I think you can make just about anything work if you have the desire. Just about have to have a way to read AFR though.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

http://rodneyadamsdesigns.com/ works with 4 barrel setups. Very good results even from small displacement street engines. He puts together some nice stuff.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I checked him out before. I really like his header design