vacuum

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
GARRICK.CLARK

vacuum

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Hi guys.
If I was to boost reference a fuel regulator and take a signal from the CARB HAT, would I need to fit a ONE WAY check valve.
Like is there any vacuum on closed throttle plates with a small hole drilled in the plates to get my idle speed at 1k revs.
I've drilled the plates to make sure no progression holes are exposed on my dells.
Buggsy

Re: vacuum

Post by Buggsy »

No vacuum in a carb hat on a blow through system. No check valve needed. Good call on the progression holes.
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Nice 1 buggsy
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

GARRICK.CLARK wrote:Hi guys.
If I was to boost reference a fuel regulator and take a signal from the CARB HAT, would I need to fit a ONE WAY check valve.
Like is there any vacuum on closed throttle plates with a small hole drilled in the plates to get my idle speed at 1k revs.
I've drilled the plates to make sure no progression holes are exposed on my dells.
Any pics of the holes you drilled?
seabeebuggy

Post by seabeebuggy »

You need to get vacuum from below the carb.
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

No pics , the holes in the throttle blades are the same as what are drilled into old solex carbs
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

GARRICK.CLARK wrote:No pics , the holes in the throttle blades are the same as what are drilled into old solex carbs

Do you remember what size hole you drilled?
GARRICK.CLARK

Post by GARRICK.CLARK »

Somewhere around 2 mm. So what I did was to back off the throttle stop, then turn it back in till it just touches the throttle stop. drilled holes in plates like on old solex carb. Warm engine up and see what idle speed you have. If idle is too low drill your holes up half a mm. Its a trail and error thing.

Set your timing at 10 BTDC.
I have my BOV piped into the manifold below the throttle plates.

Boost gauge and Fuel reg. piped into the top of the carb hat
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

I have Boost gauge, and BOV going to intake manifold, Fuel Reg and Wastegate coming from Turbo manifold. Thank you for the info on the hole size and adjustment.