2109cc turbo build...

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: 2109cc turbo build...

Post by Clonebug »

How long it lasts will depend on how often and long you are on boost along with how big your nozzle is.

I pump 3.0 gph after 10 lbs boost so if I keep my foot in it I can use up water.

Also make sure your solenoids are capable of holding vacuum if you install the nozzle on the vacuum side of the throttle plate.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Is there any advantage of installing the nozzles on the vacuum side?
I'm not seeing any...
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Only if you don't have any room anywhere else.......... :wink:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Piledriver wrote: ↑Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:08 pm Is there any advantage of installing the nozzles on the vacuum side?
I'm not seeing any...
My intercooler is after my throttle plate. I don't want to fill my cooler with meth. Not really interested in having a bomb behind my back seat. I spray just above the head on either side.
Volky

Post by Volky »

I went to Home Depot here in PR and no denatured alcohol, then went to a shop around my job and they sell M1 meth for $5.99 a gallon. So, I guess I'll go with that and use water from my RO deionized system.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Volky

Post by Volky »

I've been retuning the tables and it's another car. With the meth injection the car is running way cooler. For now I'm at 14.8 psi and the MAT are around 136f. For the cylinder heads, around 306f after a few runs. I can even do a pull in 4th gear with power without needing to downshift.

Here is a recent pic of the car...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark, electronic boost controller, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, Water/Meth injection at 15psi.
Volky

Post by Volky »

Hi to all,

It's been 21 days since Hurricane Maria hit the island. I haven't even used the car due to fallen trees in the area. No light, water, internet.

I've been trying to set the AIC valve since the new 2109cc engine with no success. I had it working fine in both open loop and closed loop modes but with this engine I can't seem to get it to idle to 1200 rpm's when cold.

Can the cam have anything to due with this? FK-8

Thank you,
petew

Post by petew »

Man, that's serious. Praying your family and neighbors are safe and get utilities back on soon. :(

Re the AIC valve; Cam shouldn't effect that. The idle valve should just do it's job regardless. Is it hunting? What is it doing?

I'd be looking at your cold start regime. Maybe it needs more fuel.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Its possible the cold start valve (or the related hoses) simply isn't large enough to pass the required air cold.
Cold timing can help this, that and the idle timing feature were all I used for a couple years for idle speed control.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Volky

Post by Volky »

Hi to all,
It's been a while since my last post. Everything here is rolling much better since the hurricane. I for one have workkkkk like hell (insurance adjuster). Haven't had time to play with the car's idle.

Now I have a bigger problem I believe, my serpentine belt idler pulley was rolling sideways and bmdpulley no longer exists so I bought a nylon pulley similar to that one. I haven't tried it yet because I noticed the crankshaft end play is more than .005 which it was set.

I built this motor and it doesn't have 1000 miles on it. I read around and it mentions a spun bearing. I can't think of that being the cause. For me, the flywheel came loose. Hopefully it's that and I have no damage to the case or parts.

I have so much $h@@ in the bay to remove that I just walk away from the car.

Any thoughts?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Once you go turbo EFI you do not have the 4 bolts, 4 wires and one fuel line engine removal process any more.......

I pull the body on my buggy whenever I need to work on the engine.....It takes about 2 hours to get it ready to remove the body but it is so worth it in ease of access.

Most turbo , EFI guys have a removable rear apron to make it easier to pull the engine.
66brm

Post by 66brm »

How much more? Could be just bedded in and need snugging up back to spec , or it could be a shim problem
petew

Post by petew »

Pull it out first. Panic second. My last engine out was a simple thing to fix. It just required pulling the heads off. Chin up and take your time. :)

P.s. you could pull the starter and trying turning the motor back and forth. That might help you see if it's the flywheel loose.
Volky

Post by Volky »

66brm wrote: ↑Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:34 pm How much more? Could be just bedded in and need snugging up back to spec , or it could be a shim problem
I haven't measured yet since when I get home it's dark but pulling back and forth on the pulley you can hear a clunk on it.
Volky

Post by Volky »

petew wrote: ↑Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:03 pm Pull it out first. Panic second. My last engine out was a simple thing to fix. It just required pulling the heads off. Chin up and take your time. :)

P.s. you could pull the starter and trying turning the motor back and forth. That might help you see if it's the flywheel loose.
I guess I'll have to chin up.😜