Boost/Vacuum plumbing and sources

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
10speed

Boost/Vacuum plumbing and sources

Post by 10speed »

I have a 2387 blow through 44 IDF fitted in a 64 Beetle using a modified CB Hideaway kit.

I would like a sanity check on my plumbing.

Waste gate is plumbed to vacuum port on the carb
Fuel Pressure Regulator is plumbed into the intake, just after the tee
BOV, Boost Guage & Distrubutor (CB Magnaspark II) are plumbed in to a CB vacuum reference kit ( http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/2040.htm )
pic for reference
Clonebug

Re: Boost/Vacuum plumbing and sources

Post by Clonebug »

Depending on the wastegate..... you would want it to only see boost. With my stock internal wastegate I have a line coming straight from the compressor outlet. I divert it to a fast acting boost solenoid valve for electronic boost control but when that is off it defaults to the stock 6.0 lbs. The wastegates with two fittings will take a hose from each side of the throttlebodies.

Since you are carb blow through I think you are fine except for the wastgate. I would try it Tee'd into the line that feeds your FPR.
That is what I did with my Carb setup.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Clonebug wrote: The wastegates with two fittings will take a hose from each side of the throttlebodies.
Not quite true. See here...
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I should have added ......."but I could be wrong " since I wasn't positive.
I guess you push air into the other side to help keep the valve closed but a MBC or EBC will keep any pressure out until the set pressure is reached.
My EBC works great on the stock wastegate diaphram.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.