pros and cons of using a single throttle body or individual

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Dan Dryden

Re: pros and cons of using a single throttle body or individ

Post by Dan Dryden »

Chip Birks wrote:A1 might be a good option. That's what I use.
Do you have a link to a supplier for the A1 turbo hideaway exhaust please?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I just called Tiger at A1 directly. I don't know if I still have a phone number for him. Just google it, I can't imagine it's too tough to find. Good luck!
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
miniman82

Post by miniman82 »

Single all day long with turbo setups, for 3 main reasons:

1. linkages suck
2. I hate linkages
3. Spending all day boosting instead of piddling with linkage
Udo Airbus

Post by Udo Airbus »

Mwa I build this is a couple of hours 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VW T1 1964 - Mouse Grey - Pearl White OG paint

Bagged, Porsche steeringrack/brakes..IRS, 1915cc
pdub

Post by pdub »

I had ITBs with FI and getting a good vacuum signal was impossible. I always had an off idle flat spot. If I set the AE low Id get false enrichment, set it higher and id get off idle flat spot. Blended the AE with TPS and MAP was best but still never dialed in totally smooth. If I were to do it again id go single for all the aforementioned reasons and this one!
slowsixtyduece

Post by slowsixtyduece »

One thing I did not like about some of the inline TBs (particularly CBs) was that they only came in one 48mm throat size. In my opinion, this is quite big for both turbo and possibly n/a. It makes for poor low end throttle response. Of course there are always jenveys that offer multiple different TB sizes but they start to get expensive when you have to pay for all the other turbo parts as well. If I were staying n/a I would stick with properly sized TBs but since turbo is pushing the air through, it's not quite as important.

I use a 50mm Jenvey TB that is perfect for my 2276 setup. It matches my intake diameter and drives around like a stocker when I'm off boost and putting around. When I get on it, there is no lack. Of course this is all dependent on matching components properly as well. You can also go too large on Tb and diameter tubing casing loss in low end drivability. It's all in making sure whatever TB you decide to use, whether multiple in line or single, are all matched correctly for your motor combination - not being too restrictive and yet not being overly large to the point that you lose Low end response.