SOLD - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
66brm

Re: NEW plan - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

Post by 66brm »

Are the commondore injectors high z too? I'm in the market for a set too, perhaps go halves in a set for v8😀
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Make sure you get them from a blown engine as most N/A V8's will probably not have big enough injectors for high boost VW engines.

Of course it will all depend on what boost level you want to go to.

If I were you I would try to find a minimum of 32 lb/hr. injectors which will get you to a little over 200 hp at 80%.

If you use 32# injector you limit yourself to that engine and since boost is addicting you will always want more even if you have to build a bigger engine.
There used to be a page on the internet that listed almost every injector by part number along with size and low/hi Z.
I haven't needed it in a long time but if I come across it I'll post it here.

I did a little searching.....
here is a calculator for injector sizing.

http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Ah Ha!!!
I found it!!!
It was buried in my large stash of bookmarks.......;)

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
petew

Post by petew »

Cool, I found them in the page. Bosch 0280155868.

363 cc/min as compared to the 208cc/min I have at the mo.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

One weird thing though, the Wide Band dropped out on every run. I don't know why, coz it ran fine on the way there and home. Weirdness.
Perhaps overheating the sensor?
They make sensor extensions and heat sinks for that.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

petew wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:48 pm Cool, I found them in the page. Bosch 0280155868.

363 cc/min as compared to the 208cc/min I have at the mo.
That will get you somewhere in the area of 220-250 hp.

Crank the boost!!!!
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
petew

Post by petew »

I've looked them up on ebay...

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_fro ... s&_sacat=0

I can find 2 sorts. Brand new for approx $130/set or refurbed for around $200 a set. Thoughts?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Here you go,

Sold each so you only need to get 4 instead of six.

$21.00 each plus shipping isn't too bad for brand new.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuel-Inject ... SwXetZS1rC
petew

Post by petew »

I'd be right in assuming new injectors means a completely new tune. Ie. starting from scratch? Correct?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Not quite. I think this is where the whole required fuel thing is nice. I think all you'll have to do is change the required fuel settings and it should rescale things to work. Piledriver or Mario or some other expert correct me if I'm wrong here.
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

Chip is right, reqfuel rescale will mostly take care of an injector change.
...although a "full retune" is not something difficult or to be feared if you have your ignition already set and lambda delay table set reasonably.
With a little practice it literally only takes a few minutes to get to a reasonable ve table (NA, at least).
Note that it will never be perfect, as there is chaos in combustion itself.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
petew

Post by petew »

Piledriver wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 am Chip is right, reqfuel rescale will mostly take care of an injector change.
...although a "full retune" is not something difficult or to be feared if you have your ignition already set and lambda delay table set reasonably.
With a little practice it literally only takes a few minutes to get to a reasonable ve table (NA, at least).
Cool, that's nice that I won't need to totally retune it.
Piledriver wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 am Note that it will never be perfect, as there is chaos in combustion itself.
My chaos is so awesome I don't need perfection. :lol:

In other news, I got mucking around (procrastinating) in the shed last night and came up with this horror story...
IMG20171019205637.jpg
So I'll soon be ready for ratio rocker as well. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

i don't remember what cam or lift you have in that engine but you have soooo much more hp potential left in that engine you shouldn't have to even mess with ratio rockers.
Setting geometry and getting pushrods cut is such a PITA I don't think the gain would be worth it.

Crank the boost!!!!!

Just 3 more lbs. will make a bigger difference than any rocker change.........that would gain you almost 20% more power and all you have to do is open your laptop........ :shock: 8) :wink:
petew

Post by petew »

Yeah, it's all the little bits and pieces that help. I've got a TCS10 cam (good for 1.25s) and a set of AA 1.25 rockers/manton chro-mo pushrods calling to me from the garage. I've also got my bleed valve on the bench. So when I can spring for those new injectors and cut me some pushrods, should be sweet. Hopefully that will lead to slightly earlier spool too.
petew

Post by petew »

Well, I think it's official. No.2 WB sensor and I are on the rocks. I tried extra hard to look after this one, but it's getting harder and harder to communicate. I get to keep the car though, so it should work out ok. We're keeping the lawyers out of it. ;)

I'm beginning to think it's vibration related. I was talking to a guy last weekend at the event and he was telling me they don't like vibration as well as too much heat. It's too far from the turbo to be getting a lot of heat. I reckon I need to look at the exhaust mounts and the cable too.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

And check the wires inside the heatshrink.

I had it one time that the wires melted trough but the heatshrink sleeve was little melted.

One clamp came loose and touched the exhaust
Better to be blown than to suck!