SOLD - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
petew

Re: NEW plan - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

Post by petew »

No dramas. I thought we had a misunderstanding there. :)

What can I do to correct the lambda delay in the logs?
Piledriver

Post by Piledriver »

AFAIK you can't, as the logs should reflect what the MS sees.

MS3 now has a large delay table for accurate closed loop mixture control, so its a good idea...
... but that's an interesting idea to propose to the TS/MLV author.

Have been taunting him to come up with a tool to automagically create the delay tables for years.
He admits its needed, we shall see.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
petew

Post by petew »

Have just come home from family holidays in Robertson, NSW. Lovely spot. Quite cold (although madmike would laugh at me). As usual, when the cats away, I got thinking about just finishing the rotten thing and selling it. However, I went on a beer run this afternoon. Man it's fun. It's peppy even before it gets on boost. I'm really pleased I pulled all the fuel out of the WUE. It's so, much, better! :)

I did manage to fiddle with my fuel maps as per PD suggested while I was away. Today's drive hasn't seemed to change much how things looked though as far as falling off boost at higher revs. Hmmm...
madmike

Post by madmike »

How Cold :lol: wondered what Happen to you ,with no post's ,,,, 8) Holiday
petew

Post by petew »

Not your sort of cold, but it didn't make double figures celcius during the daytime. So around 48F. Yeah, I'm soft.
madmike

Post by madmike »

50* F ,Is T-shirt weather up here :lol: :lol: :lol: I did live in Phoenix Arizona in my early teens(same school as Alice Cooper)we were probably in the same darn classes 8) So when 60* came in the winter,, I froze too :lol: :lol:
petew

Post by petew »

I thought you might say something like that! :)

BTW, quick message to everyone.

The Jerks at PHOTOBUCKET have chosen to try and charge me US ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS per year to share pics with you. So many of the pics in this thread are now not showing up. I'm pretty frustrated. The photo album is here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

http://s279.photobucket.com/user/stpete ... t=3&page=1
yellow_snocone

Post by yellow_snocone »

How nice of photobucket haha. At least we can see all the pictures in one sitting. Great build by the way I've been following it for some time :mrgreen:
petew

Post by petew »

Spent half the day under the car reindexing the back suspension to get rid of my positive camber. Got a racing event on Saturday evening and I'd rather not end up on my lid (although experience tells that's very unlikely).

This trans mount arrived yesterday. Of course when I went to install it today, it didn't fit. Dang!

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.as ... 26-311-204

The flange isn't tall enough to reach the trans bolts. :(
66brm

Post by 66brm »

No it won't, that's why berg list two different ones, ask me how I know.....oh well 50/50 chance, you could try modifying the one you have and put an extension in there, just remember to give a little preload to the pads
66brm

Post by 66brm »

Oh just to let you know, fitting a late trans with a bus nose cone give you a free trans raise :lol:
madmike

Post by madmike »

Try jacking the car up with the jack on the mount, maybe it will compress them pads enough to bolt on?
petew

Post by petew »

I could do that, but then I reckon I'd have issues with the front mount tearing in half. I'll mod this one or use is as a very expensive template. :(

In other news, just dropped the car back down onto the wheels. 14deg of preload gave me 2 deg of negative camber. I love it when a plan comes off. And the torsion bars have new (rubber) bushes installed too. :)
madmike

Post by madmike »

It won't tear the front mount :shock: the new trans mount won't let it move up :wink: ,,,, and I know u don't" hole shot "in reverce
petew

Post by petew »

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I won't be able to get reverse (or any other gear) at all if the trans moves down enough to get the new mount on. ;)