SOLD - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: NEW plan - 1600 TURBO + oval + downunder

Post by Clonebug »

Meh.......it doesn’t have a turbo......😗😁😆
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
petew

Post by petew »

^ pretty much exactly what I was thinking too. :)
petew

Post by petew »

Clonebug wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:33 pm Here you go,

Sold each so you only need to get 4 instead of six.

$21.00 each plus shipping isn't too bad for brand new.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuel-Inject ... SwXetZS1rC
Right, took me long enough. Just ordered some new injectors! :)

Now for a new WB. Hmmm....

EDIT: Done! Man, it's so easy to spend money on parts. Now to break it to the wife... on my daughter's birthday too. :roll:
buguy

Post by buguy »

EBay really gets me! They make it so easy! If I had to go out and find all the stuff I get there is never get anything done!
petew

Post by petew »

Yeah, I've been putting it off actually... and I still haven't told my wife. :|
buguy

Post by buguy »

I hear that. I've been thinking about having all the FI stuff I buy sent to my work! She's no fool!
petew

Post by petew »

She got the emails from ebay. No cranky faces so it much be ok. :)
buguy

Post by buguy »

Sounds like you slid by.... This time!
petew

Post by petew »

To be honest, she's pretty good. She is over me spending on the car, but when I say I need parts, she mostly tells to wait or just go buy them. Considering the amount of time/$$$ I've spent on the rotten thing, she could be a lot more angry. I should get a wriggle on and finish up a few things, then it will be registered and pretty well done...

Till the next crazy idea. :lol:

P.s. the other thing is, she's really kept us out of bankruptcy court by being pretty stern about a few sensible rules. I married my wife because she is good at managing money. Made sense to listen to her.
1. No more than 1 play car.
2. No selling off "un-finished" projects. She used to tell me when I got really down and wanted to sell a project, "we finish things".
3. No buying the next car until you've sold the old one.
My bro on the other hand chopped and changed between multiple bus projects. In the whole time he owned all of them, only one was ever finished and on the road. He thinks he made $$$$ when he sold the last one, but I'm really not convinced. Even with a big profit, I think he came out even at best with all the mucking around.
buguy

Post by buguy »

That's good, mine is just the opposite. She was raised in a family with lots of money so she has no problem spending. Mine does search to find the very best deal on things though. The kid is where all the real money goes.
And I feel ya. I just went back where I'm from and brought back 3 cars. She's not thrilled. Plus I have 2 boats, 2 motorcycles, my daily truck and a 24' enclosed trailer. And no where to put any of it!
petew

Post by petew »

Yeah, that's what's stopped me buying a car trailer. And we really don't have a car big enough to tow it either. I was talking to a guy at a track meet recently and he said keeping his car street registered and having a tow rig/trailer worked out about the same cost roughly. Except driving on the street meant he could get extra street time. Which is pretty much my situation. I drive the car a fair bit, as well as to and from events. It means you need to make sure you can drive home, but that's never been an issue for me.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I really like the ability to drive to the track and back, but I also like it when I have the trailer and needed the trailer. I broke a hockey stick this year, 40 miles would have been super fun stuck in first gear!
buguy

Post by buguy »

Yeah I end up using my trailer as an extra garage space. I got a smokin deal on it or I wouldn't own it at all. I was thinking I could use it to haul the bug to shows (and hopefully races) and then use it to chill in between rounds or just to get out of the sun and sit down for a bit. I have a little portable air conditioner I thought I might try putting in there. Also if it's an event I go to without my wife and/or little girl, I'd throw an air mattress in it and sleep there too. Of course I've never used it yet. I have a 70' GTO Judge living in it at the moment.
petew

Post by petew »

petew wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:58 pmRight, took me long enough. Just ordered some new injectors! :)

Now for a new WB. Hmmm....

EDIT: Done! Man, it's so easy to spend money on parts. Now to break it to the wife... on my daughter's birthday too. :roll:
BAM! WB turned up this morning. How fast was that?! Course I'll put off fixing it. :lol:
petew

Post by petew »

This small led mounted just under the dash is the last bit of work needed to get the car legally certified with a turbo! YAY!
IMG20180126172228.jpg
Then just a few brake tests and they take a wad of my money... oh joy. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.