Turbo charging 66 square

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: Turbo charging 66 square

Post by Clonebug »

Do you have a CW crank and everything balanced or is it stock internals like mine???
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

Clonebug wrote:Do you have a CW crank and everything balanced or is it stock internals like mine???
Chromoly CW crank and balanced internals
Type 3 Subaru powered EJ25
T-34

Post by T-34 »

Sweet build.

Did you have to modify the Type 3 throttle body to make is boost ready?
http://vdubber.com - Aircooled blogs, builds and banter.
Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

Honestly I haven't done anything to the throttle body. Didn't even check if it leaks, ran it n/a for a bit before I added the turbo. Building a new center section right now with a larger throttle body.
Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

Wow, it has almost been a year since I said I was building a new center section. Well it has been done, just haven't posted any pics.
Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

Here is a comparison between the stock throttle body and the new to me throttle body I will be attaching to a new center section. Stock one is about 40mm
Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

Finished center section.

Sorry I didn't take any build process pics, was kind of trying to finish it quickly. Just recently added a meth injection kit about a week ago too. :twisted:
Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

Where are you guys injecting your water/meth? Is it before the throttle body or after?

I was having acceleration triggers on my tps without even touching the pedal and I thought It could be because the water/method was blowing past the butterfly shaft and right into the tps. I was really erratic had to calibrate my tips several times and the ADC count just kept getting lower and lower until it was at about a 2 or 3.

I checked all the wires and they appear to be good with no breaks or loose connections, so I decided to take the throttle body off to check the tps and sure enough I had blue fluid dripping out of it. Tried blowing it out and re attaching it but I think the damage is done and now I need to order a new tps. :cry:
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I inject before the throttle body and haven't had a y problems yet.
I will probably change it to after the TB with the new manifold though.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
yvre

Post by yvre »

When we injected water before the throttle body on the supercharged drag car we began to have problems with corrosion on the throttle shaft. The throttle would not want to come all the way back, leaving us with a super high idle on the starting line.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Mine is setup to spray before the turbo, and after the intercooler, which is post throttle body on my setup. I have never actually used the system though. Boost hasn't been high enough to detonate with a good fuel mixture, yet.
Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

Fastest time slip to date for this motor. I am very happy with how it runs for a smaller motor, I asked the guy what size was motor was in his car for a comparison. Got three practice runs in before eliminations, then I broke something in the transmission after/during my burnout.

I got a tow home that day and proceeded to take this out.

Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

Chip Birks wrote:Mine is setup to spray before the turbo, and after the intercooler, which is post throttle body on my setup. I have never actually used the system though. Boost hasn't been high enough to detonate with a good fuel mixture, yet.
Ya lucky you Chip :D Wish I could say the same, but they don't make squishies in 88mm :P
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Nice Run!!!

That's pretty close to my Buggy run on my Iphone Dyno.

You have a better 60 ft time. Mine was 2.24 sec. at 27.4 mph.

Do you have any wheel spin on launch???

Our 330 is within a 0.01. Mine was 6.07

My 1/8 mile was 9.17 sec @ 78.4 MPH

How much boost are you running and what are the IAT's at said boost???

Your car must weigh almost 2300# correct??
Corysvdub

Post by Corysvdub »

I do have some wheel spin. I am running 15# of boost at the moment, I haven't even checked my logs for the temp on those runs yet.

I was mostly trying to tune it a little leaner, it was very rich when the water/meth kicked in around
10-11 to 1 Afr.

Yes it weighs somewhere around there, I had my rack, tools, cooler, and a spare in it as well. The 17 inch wheels probably don't help much either.