Page 43 of 48

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:21 am
by madmike
:shock: :lol:

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:19 am
by rubenski
What is that out off?

8 cyl boxer?

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:30 am
by Kalle
rubenski wrote:What is that out off?

8 cyl boxer?
2 x T4 boxer engines made by some crazy Swedes in the 80ies. It looked like this when it was finished back then hence the yellow writing on the valve covers:

https://youtu.be/2GpMGPUMyXE

Sorry if this is getting very off topic!

Best rgs
BB

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:04 am
by rubenski
Is it yours? Does it run?

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:30 pm
by Kalle
rubenski wrote:Is it yours? Does it run?
It is not mine but it is for sale in Sweden. I found the ad and I just simply love it. All you have to do is to buy a tupperware fanhouse from a Porsche 917, a fan and off you go. The 917 bits would probably cost a fot and an arm.. Besides it would be difficult to make it fit in bug and not to forget how easy it would be to do wheelies :)

-K-

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:56 pm
by rubenski
So much awesomeness!!! I love it

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:04 pm
by petew
I assume it's a custom crankcase and all right?

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:00 am
by Kalle
petew wrote:I assume it's a custom crankcase and all right?
I have seen some build pictures a while back and I will see if I can find them. Yes, Swedish custom crank and the engine is 4800ccm. 50mm throttle bodies.

Best rgs
-K-

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:40 am
by petew
Insane! I love it. :)

P.s. if you mid-mount it, it won't wheelstand. ;)

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:04 am
by Kalle
petew wrote:Insane! I love it. :)

P.s. if you mid-mount it, it won't wheelstand. ;)
:D Sounds like a weekend job.

-K-

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:01 am
by MarioVelotta
I'm trying to decide if I should spend money on 88mm thick wall p and c's to use my DRD L5T heads, or use 85.5/87mm and spend some money doing head work on some un cut stock heads I have.

I'de like to hear some input for both.

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:17 am
by Kalle
MarioVelotta wrote:I'm trying to decide if I should spend money on 88mm thick wall p and c's to use my DRD L5T heads, or use 85.5/87mm and spend some money doing head work on some un cut stock heads I have.

I'de like to hear some input for both.
Hi Mario,

It will depend on what your goal is. As you know I use Mahle 87`s in combination with CB044 heads and I believe that I`m close too 100hp per barrel (flywheel hp) at 30 psi of boost. My valves are not lifting much either as mentioned earlier.

Consider this statement: it is all about back pressure. Bends and 90dg turns, poor intake flow, poor plenum design etc will all create more back pressure. If you allow your turbo to work effiecent you will get the results you want.

The FK42 with thick walls and nice heads sounds like great fun to me! Combine it with good boost control, a good turbo and E85 and it should be enough to make you smile :D

Best rgs
-K-

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 am
by Wally
Kalle wrote: Consider this statement: it is all about back pressure. Bends and 90dg turns, poor intake flow, poor plenum design etc will all create more back pressure. If you allow your turbo to work effiecent you will get the results you want.

-K-
Its indeed all about the lack of back pressure. Personally I think (the lack of) back pressure is even more dependant on the turbo itself then on the number of bends, but its Always a combo of both of course and then some.

BTW, great leakdown numbers, pretty impressive!.
BTW2, I would not split your mouse engine case if it was mine, but indeed order some 1,5 Pauter rockers and be done with it. Some porting upgrades and your good to go again next spring :D
BTW3, Love the 2x 2366cc (103x71mm) type 4's. Amazing it makes such huge hp! They must have aligned everything pretty well! 8)

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:26 am
by Kalle
Glad to see that you are still keeping an eye on this thread Wally. I'm also happy to read that we agree. I have decided not to split the case since alles is in ordnung. Yes indeed the turbo is crucial but so is the intake system.

I have seen the log file from one of the worlds fastest VW and the back pressure was surprisingly low compared to the boost. That says it all basically.

-K-

Re: 250HP 1600dp

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:46 pm
by MarioVelotta
Kalle wrote:Yes indeed the turbo is crucial but so is the intake system.
I have seen the log file from one of the worlds fastest VW and the back pressure was surprisingly low compared to the boost. That says it all basically.
-K-
Are you talking about exhaust back pressure? When I logged back pressure on my 2276 I was about 1:1 upto about 13/14psi.

Short clip ( I can't believe that was back in 2009...)



Also do you still consider a 1679ccm a mouse, I gotta stay within the rules :lol: