Safari Turbo/Megasquirt Fuel Injection Project

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
MarioVelotta

Re: Safari Turbo/Megasquirt Fuel Injection Project

Post by MarioVelotta »

The quality of them isn't fantastic but should get the job done if you have the extra room.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
MarioVelotta

Post by MarioVelotta »

The quality of them isn't fantastic but should get the job done if you have the extra room.
The Dub Shop
[email protected]
1600 ITB NA - 18sec
1600 Supercharged - 13psi - 15.40 @ 84.66mph
1600 Turbo - 185hp 250tq!! Going for 200
2276 Turbo - 15psi - 11.537 @ 115.74mph
Facebook-Tech-Store
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

It's only mild steel but for $50.00 I could have the SS one. :wink:

It would only be for fitment testing.........maybe........ 8)

It's way too big for my little 1679.........says all thesamba turbo wannabes......... :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I think the bore job I'm getting is $98 and a set of 94mm p&c can be less than $200!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

buguy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:11 am I think the bore job I'm getting is $98 and a set of 94mm p&c can be less than $200!
You haven't begun to try to melt that snowball yet........ :wink:

Let me know how much you spend on your upgrade....... :lol: :lol:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Just cuz I do doesn't mean you have to!
I'm at about $1800 so far, but that should be just about everything. Wait! Still need exhaust! So I should be in for about $2000. On the engine that is! That includes flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch disk. But doesn't include the new trans I will need. Might be a couple misc things too. Hoses etc..
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Don 't blow the dough on a transmission just yet.......you would be surprised what a stock trans with just the 3rd and 4th gear sycro hubs welded will hold.
Save that money for the FI you are going to need when you get tired of changing jets....... :wink: :lol: 8)
buguy

Post by buguy »

I have a stock 6v swing trans. I don't think she's gunna make it! I will probably get the MS right away too. Just might take some time to get it all installed. I have to focus my attention on getting the engine before jumping into another thing I don't know how to do!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

Are you staying drawthrough or are you going blow through????

If you go blowthrough....it's a whole new animal and you might as well go FI at the same time......otherwise you will be fighting the jetting all over again.

With MS you don't really need anything extra right away.....while nice to have it does add complication to the unit.
I found my MS-1 was the simplest to get a good tune because the tabs on Tunerstudio are fewer and it autotuned really quickly.

It's really easy to set up WI with a couple Hobbs switches and solenoids. That way once you get to higher boost levels you can stage multiple nozzles without having to use the PWM feature of the expensive Snow or Devil's own kits.
Buy their pump and nozzles and build the rest yourself for half the price.

Dual tables is for down the road when you need another upgrade to work on cuz you are bored and want to spend money on the car.

Start out simple and add things as you get more comfortable with it.

I have had launch control on my buggy for over two years now and I'm still afraid to try it....... :shock: :roll: :lol:
It launches hard enough without building 6.0 plus lbs. boost before dumping the clutch.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I will most likely just go back to draw through for ease and to make sure that it runs. I probably should should just get one of those adjust-a-jets that AJ uses (like $80). I've read about several guys that really like them. And no jets to buy.
I was just thinking of what would be the smartest for me with the MS. I will have to really think about the features that are important to me.
woodsbuggy1

Post by woodsbuggy1 »

Cant wait to see what you come up with this winter Art, would love to see a compound setup, but they also have larger Subie turbos.
Kenric
Good quality is getting harder and harder to find.
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

woodsbuggy1 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:28 pm Cant wait to see what you come up with this winter Art, would love to see a compound setup, but they also have larger Subie turbos.
Kenric
I'm getting beat up by the Sambanistas.....I just might have to add the Holset to make them cry tears of rage......... :( 8)
My new goal is to hit 245 whp to piss off every one of the stroker studs......cuz using a turbo is just the easy road to power......... :roll: :lol:

I'm going to have to send in my DRD heads to get completely redone so I can get a little more breathing...that and some more CFM's might take care of it........
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

Clonebug wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 pm I'm getting beat up by the Sambanistas.....I just might have to add the Holset to make them cry tears of rage......... :( 8)
My new goal is to hit 245 whp to piss off every one of the stroker studs......cuz using a turbo is just the easy road to power......... :roll: :lol:
Haha...just got done reading those two threads. Shits getting pretty heated over there. Gotta stand up for what you believe though. I have a bias opinion on the whole thing too though, because I love me some boost :lol:
You keep putting much more boost on your buggy, your going to be getting an invite from the Sweds to come hang out :D
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build
buguy

Post by buguy »

You should try it. Even if it doesn't drive well or has some lag it would sure be funny to post up the dyno! They would flip their lids!
Or add a 50 shot or so to it just for the dyno!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

The T-3 to TD04L adapter fits pretty nicely.
I'll have to drill out two of the T-3 holes since all of them are threaded and the Holset turbo comes with two 8mm studs in it.
Other than that it might be an easy test fit...... :wink: :lol: