Safari Turbo/Megasquirt Fuel Injection Project

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: Safari Turbo/Megasquirt Fuel Injection Project

Post by Clonebug »

panel wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 pm Art......Just an FYI every car's HP/torque will cross at 5252 :)

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt7iUBE3_AE[/BBvideo]
I stated that mostly to confirm that the dyno pull was legit.....I know they cross at 5250.

Back a couple pages is my dyno sheet.....It starts losing power after 5200 rpm and Mario quit revving it any higher until I told him to do a pull up to 5600 rpm.
It still keeps heading down so my intake or heads won't flow enough at higher rpm.
The DRD's might have helped if they didn't leak so bad but I haven't had them looked at again and no sure if I will.

I'll wait for Mario to get his mouse motor going with the CB Panchitos and if he starts getting close I might have to upgrade to them. :wink: :roll: :lol:
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I think if I had to go with an aftermarket head it would be the Panchitos.
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I really should just build mine one of these days. Definietly curious to see what I can get out of it.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Clonebug wrote:
panel wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 pm Art......Just an FYI every car's HP/torque will cross at 5252 :)

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt7iUBE3_AE[/BBvideo]
I stated that mostly to confirm that the dyno pull was legit.....I know they cross at 5250.

Back a couple pages is my dyno sheet.....It starts losing power after 5200 rpm and Mario quit revving it any higher until I told him to do a pull up to 5600 rpm.
It still keeps heading down so my intake or heads won't flow enough at higher rpm.
The DRD's might have helped if they didn't leak so bad but I haven't had them looked at again and no sure if I will.

I'll wait for Mario to get his mouse motor going with the CB Panchitos and if he starts getting close I might have to upgrade to them. :wink: :roll: Image
You dont think losing power after 5200 is cam related?

Better to be blown than to suck!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

It probably is to an extent.......Heads might give it more hp in the rpm range up to 5200 and maybe a little higher rpm but since I have a stock crank I really don't want to rev it much more.
If I was on a quest to get as much hp as I possibly can then I would go C/W Crank, Big cam and either my DRD heads redone or a set of Panchitos and then clean them up a bit.
Then I might as well go with a 76 mm C/W crank and thick Wall 92 mm barrels like Keith Branch is trying to talk me into. Put some good heads on it and a bigger cam and I could be up to 300 hp maybe.......
It's a vicious circle.
I'll wait and see what the other mouse motor guys get with their engines before I jump feet first into the abyss.

I do still call it a street car and that is what it does best right now.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I would think the hp it makes is more than enough in that buggy. Plus it sounds reliable. And isnt breaking axles and trans.
madmike

Post by madmike »

76x92 now your talking 8) Balancing is the key :wink: what u did @ WFO ,,can be done with 1/2 throttle :lol:
in a lite buggy I don't worry about breaking stuff ,, more like 'getting them to hook up :lol:
buguy

Post by buguy »

I think a CW 69mm crank with 94 super squish pistons would be fun!
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

So is an 82cw with those pistons
buguy

Post by buguy »

What kind of rpms can you turn with that set up?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I limit at 7500. I'm sure it would go higher. My friend has had his well over 9k. Same stroke and pistons.
buguy

Post by buguy »

Yikes!
petew

Post by petew »

This is quickly turning into a, "how big can we can con Art into building?" fest. Fun to watch, but hurtie on his wallet. :D
buguy

Post by buguy »

Maybe we should start him one of those "go fund me" things!
panel

Post by panel »

Or his PayPal acct will do.
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians