34PCT turbo mods pics

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Carambar

Re: 34PCT turbo mods pics

Post by Carambar »

We have our own 34 pict modified:
We removed the big venturi, and create an auxiliary ventury around the main center fuel arrival.
For the throttle shaft, we dug a groove on the shaft and removed the bushing, to put some viton seal.
there is no modification on the emultion tube, we just re-jet the main an idle jet.

With this carb, a 1600 w100 puts out 138 din horsepower at the wheel on a dyno.

Take a look at the pictures on this tread, first ones are the first prototype, take a look further.

http://www.flat4ever.com/34-pict-3-mod- ... ht=carbman

Sorry it's in french, there is another thread on the samba I think, but I can't find it.

Just ask if you need more info, this carb works great, and we are happy to share our ideas with everyone.

P.S. I am not the author of this carb, just the messenger.
lil_azza

Post by lil_azza »

Links a bit crappy for me mate
It takes me to the main forum index and I can't read French to find it
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

lil_azza wrote:Links a bit crappy for me mate
It takes me to the main forum index and I can't read French to find it
That link is 5 years old.....It used to work but I'm sure it's probably gone by now.

I did the Pict 34 blow through thing many years ago...there are much better solutions for a successful turbo in 2016.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
lil_azza

Post by lil_azza »

I really must learn to look at dates cheers
Yea but this is a cheapest option :)?
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

lil_azza wrote:I really must learn to look at dates cheers
Yea but this is a cheapest option :)?
I thought it would be cheaper too.....but add up all the time, frustration and money for jet changes and carb swapping and I think I could have paid for more than half my FI system.

Good ignition is the key and you might as well buy a Megasquirt ECU for the Crank Fired Ignition so you can just add FI once you get sick of the carb.

If you think you will stay at 6-10 lbs. boost you are kidding yourself.......Once you taste that boost you will do anything to go higher!!!
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
tmatre

Post by tmatre »

This is some of the same information from thesamba:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... ?p=4278322

I would newer use this for turbo.. the cost of megasquirt is minimal, and you can use used efi parts.