My draw through turbo

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
rubenski

Re: My draw through turbo

Post by rubenski »

The one pictures looks verry alike the one i got with my cb gen4 efi package. Same colour and same model.

My ecu will controll boost.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Can anyone please explain something to me. On the 3 way solenoid one connection goes to the wastegate, another will go to the turbo boost pressure side, now the thrid connection has an air filter in it does this vent to atmosphere?
If so does it vent a small bit of boost to atmosphere or does it just connect the wastegate to atmosphere?
Hope that makes sense?
panel

Post by panel »

^^ not sure if this helps....it's how the Subaru's are run using a 3 port.

'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Yes that helps a lot cheers 👍
Now the big question is do I really need one, is it really worth it?
Any advice by the people who are using one?
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

I love mine, I can change from 14 to 30psi without getting out of the car. How are you planning to control the valve? Thats whats actually important here? Eboost street or eboost2? Or some other non Turbosmart product?
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

This is what im looking at
https://ldperformance.co.uk/product/ele ... ontroller/
I'm planning on putting a switch in so I can have two different boost settings. One set to 8 ish psi for just driving around and the other setting at 14psi for fun times 😁
I'm still reading up on what GAIN and DUTY CYCLE is
kangaboy

Post by kangaboy »

Chip Birks wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:14 am I love mine, I can change from 14 to 30psi without getting out of the car. How are you planning to control the valve? Thats whats actually important here? Eboost street or eboost2? Or some other non Turbosmart product?
I like mine too. I still have to change my settings in Tuner Studio, but it works. Still waiting/hoping for Chip to do an idiots guide to making/programming his switch :roll:
'74 Standard- 2084T, MS3X3
'76 Westy- Stock 2.0L L-Jet
My Megasquirt Turbo Build
2084 Turbo Build
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

kangaboy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:37 am
Chip Birks wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:14 am I love mine, I can change from 14 to 30psi without getting out of the car. How are you planning to control the valve? Thats whats actually important here? Eboost street or eboost2? Or some other non Turbosmart product?
I like mine too. I still have to change my settings in Tuner Studio, but it works. Still waiting/hoping for Chip to do an idiots guide to making/programming his switch :roll:
Oh dang! I didn't know I was supposed to do that! I have two weeks off work starting this evening. Maybe I'll get some time to break it down a bit. It wasn't too tough!
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

FYI,

I contacted Mark @ cb to ask if i could something like that, a switch for 2 boost settings.

Its a no go. I have the "single boost" valve and with that i can have boost control trough the wastegate.
What IS possible is that i make 2 separate maps, one for low boost and one for high boost.

Switching between the two would involve hooking up the laptop and going from 1 map to another.

No biggie for me. I think about buying one of those windows based (not android) computers with touchscreen. Not like a laptop, much smaller.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A520F met Tapatalk

Better to be blown than to suck!
64 sunroof

Post by 64 sunroof »

For any of you guys running ms3 you can put in a 12 position switch to do variable boost control on my drag car i have it set to just above wastegate ~16psi on 0 and when its turned upto 11 it goes to 43 psi :shock: (used to be 8psi to about 30 with a weaker spring)

the instructions I used are here https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywik ... al-a-boost
Chip Birks

Post by Chip Birks »

Nice resource! I used a 2 pole 4 or 5 position switch for mine. I just had to modify the switch so that it would work with 0-5v.
buguy

Post by buguy »

I just get out and turn the knob. Well....I did....not so much now!
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

Right today, now my A/F ratio gauge is back up and running I fitted my 14 psi wastegate spring and found something I've not come across as of yet. What's happening is that in getting a spike to 15psi before it does settle down to the target 14psi but as the rpm's keep climbing the boost pressure is falling slowly down to 12 psi it will not maintain the 14psi boost target. Now when I had the 12 psi wastegate spring in I would get a spike to 13 psi and it would maintain a constant 11.8 psi of boost no matter high much higher the rpm's went. So why am I not able to maintain the 14psi?
buguy

Post by buguy »

Well if all you did was change the spring....that kind of narrows it down. I suppose it could be the wastegate itself, but most likely it's just the spring.
advinnie

Post by advinnie »

I've already removed and refitted the spring but it's made no difference, I still jump up to 15 psi before it falls and settles at 14 for a few seconds then slowly they boost falls off as rpm increase 😠 I will have another play with it tomorrow.