1641 Turbo EFI Manx. 250Hp/337Nm Turbotub

With Turbo and Super charging you can create massive horsepower with vw motors.
Clonebug

Re: 1641 Turbo EFI Manx. Stage 2: Mockup!

Post by Clonebug »

Here is a pic of my connector using Mario's hardware....I bought the rails from CB but all mounting hardware was from Mario.
It's been leak free for 5 years at least.

There is a thin stainless piece that is under the rail that slips into the slots in the injector and a bracket that bolts under the rail and then to the intake endpiece with a couple allen bots.
Mine has just enough clearance to slip the injector plugs on when they are either 90 degrees or parallel to the rails.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Hi clone!

I have the same hardware as you!

But can you wiggle your injectors arround up and down?

Or is everything tightened from end piece to fuel rail?

I have about the thickness of the material of the U-shaped bracket as play...
Better to be blown than to suck!
Clonebug

Post by Clonebug »

I don't think they move but never tried it.
What kind of injectors are you using????
They should be the standard Bosch EV1 style injector...I would measure mine but I sold the old ones this summer so I can't measure total length for you.
They are Bosch injectors aren't they???

My injectors are about the bracket thickness from being completely seated onto the base of the CB endpiece injector hole.
Make sure you are using the correct orings.
Stripped66 wrote:The point wasn't to argue air temps with the current world record holder, but to dispel the claim that the K03 is wrapped up at 150 HP. It's not.
petew

Post by petew »

Clips, you need the clips. ;)
andy198712

Post by andy198712 »

so do the clips hold the injectors snug to the rail and stop that coming out, and the nozzle end just pokes in the hole and sealed in the bore by the O ring?

i'm used to GSXR ITBs which have a round squared O ring that can slide on and off and it is compressed between the injector and the seat quite firmly
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Yeah, i can get the injectors snug in the rail. Thats no problem.

But when i bolt the rail bracket to the end casting, the injectors are not snug in their hole.

It looks like they're sealed but not pushed down to the bottom (I think the U-bracket seems a little to long)

The diameter of the O-ring seems okay.
I think it would need another O-ring to get it snug.
Is that something that being done?

Or do i make a shorter bracket?

I just think that when the manifold is under pressure (boost) the fuel mix can be pushed out at the injector play....
panel

Post by panel »

rubenski wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:30 amI think it would need another O-ring to get it snug.
Is that something that being done?
Don't double up on the 'o'rings if that's what you're thinking. What did CB say re all your problems ?
'65 Bus with a JDM Subaru EJ20 Turbo
Built by Germans powered by Japanese and brought together by Canadians
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Panel's idea of not doubling up on the O-rings is good.

"Yeah, i can get the injectors snug in the rail. Thats no problem.

But when i bolt the rail bracket to the end casting, the injectors are not snug in their hole.

It looks like they're sealed but not pushed down to the bottom (I think the U-bracket seems a little to long)"

It sound here like there is another problem that needs to be looked into; they shouldn't fit then not fit.

Lee
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Ol'fogasaurus wrote:
It sound here like there is another problem that needs to be looked into; they shouldn't fit then not fit.

Lee

Dont think i can follow here?
What do you mean?

The injector fits into the fuel rail fine.

The injector fits into the end casting fine.

I can push them down manualy and have a good fit.

BUT when I put the fuelrail holddown bracket inbetween the rail and end casting they go back up 2mm. (Approx)
Pulling the injector up, out of the end casting.

I'll post a closeup of my injectors and o-ring tomorrow.

Ps, Panel, I know you dont like cb's products, but i bought injectors, end castings and injector hardware ALL at a different place.
Nothing to blame them for.
When you combine stuff from here and there, somethings will have to be modified.

Greetz.

Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

rubenski wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 am
The injector fits into the fuel rail fine.

The injector fits into the end casting fine.

I can push them down manualy and have a good fit.

BUT when I put the fuelrail holddown bracket inbetween the rail and end casting they go back up 2mm. (Approx)
Pulling the injector up, out of the end casting.

I'll post a closeup of my injectors and o-ring tomorrow.

Ps, Panel, I know you dont like cb's products, but i bought injectors, end castings and injector hardware ALL at a different place.
Nothing to blame them for.
When you combine stuff from here and there, somethings will have to be modified.

Greetz.
This highlighted part is exactally what I mean. If something fits before you install it then something having to do with the installation usually would be the problem. Is anything connected to the injectors that could cause them to lift during the installation? Pictures would be good for sure.

I know nothing about CB products but your last statement is so often true. Check to see if the fuel rail is being distorted when you tighten things down. A straight edge and feeler gages to start with. Up and down and side to side measurements would probably be a good start.

Lee
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

I got thinking about this and, thinking back to earlier times, I seem to remember hearing that some companies do not like the "bid or bunch" technique of building something that some of us have; this is where you use parts from several sources. To off-set it they make minor/proprietary design changes so you have to use their stuff. I don't know if this is the case or not but it is something to think about.

Also, this is not limited to car stuff; I think it goes into other purchased things also. Again, this was a long time ago but I don't think things have gotten any better over the years either.

Lee
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

Hi !!!

Have'nt looked into the injectors more because i'm fabricating the intercooler mount.

Did the majority today and will finnish the edges tomorrow.
Also tomorrow i will look for metal rods to connect the base plate to the engine.
Probably to the studs of the exhaust port.

ImageImageImage
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

ImageImage
rubenski

Post by rubenski »

The fans are 1cm or 0.8 inch from the intercooler.

Would that be too far?
Ol'fogasaurus

Post by Ol'fogasaurus »

Nice mount!

Do a search on how far the fan should be from the radiator. The 1" to farther distances depending on the shroud results are interesting but this was something that might make things a bit clearer: "Factory added a shroud, fan should be set so 1/2 the blade width is in the shroud and 1/2 is back behind the shroud lip. This is how the factory does it, with the fan in the correct position at the shroud lip the air can escape off the blade tips pulling more air through the core, if the fan is too far into the shroud it chokes off this tip flow." (https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/fan-di ... 77372.html)

Too close can be a problem too. Also remember that in the center of the fan blade is "dead"/no airflow area)

I looked up the same question for a fan to intercooler but found nothing that was like yours but that search was limited to short amount of time also.

Lee